What is there?

DC

I got interested in computer when I started watching Linus Youtube channel. And I'm also in a high school and I want to decide what I want to major in. I like computer hardware, but I'm not good at coding. In my school, I tried python a little bit and it was difficult. What are some jobs that have to deal with computer hardware but not much of coding related. Or is it not that hard to learn to code if I start from the basic?

13 hours ago, DC said:

I got interested in computer when I started watching Linus Youtube channel. And I'm also in a high school and I want to decide what I want to major in. I like computer hardware, but I'm not good at coding. In my school, I tried python a little bit and it was difficult. What are some jobs that have to deal with computer hardware but not much of coding related. Or is it not that hard to learn to code if I start from the basic?

If you don't like coding, I would suggest a few different paths:

1. Network Admin/Cabler - These are two different, yet intricately linked careers. A Cabler/installer/tech will help build out physical infrastructure. An Admin will, of course, administer and maintain a network. You will need to learn some CLI (Cisco, really) to be a top level pro, but the GUI for most network equipment has come a long way now.

2. Helpdesk - someone who does basic to advanced level support, usually over email or the phone. You could work for Microsoft, and be a helpdesk for their online store, or you could work for Wells Fargo, and be helpdesk for their internal staff.

3. General IT/Computer Tech - kind of like Helpdesk, but you're the "Jack of all trades". This is your traditional IT role in small/medium sized businesses. You probably won't have to do any coding, but you'll need to know a little bit about everything.

4. Or you could just say "fuck it", and get a job at Best Buy doing PC Repairs, for minimum wage (or not much over).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Nobody is good in coding at the very first minute they start doing it, if you like it you should try it some more!

Otherwise, if you know enough about PC consumer hardware, you could do a job in many PC/electronics stores. That could be a decent bit of experience for yourself.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

9 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

If you don't like coding, I would suggest a few different paths:

1. Network Admin/Cabler - These are two different, yet intricately linked careers. A Cabler/installer/tech will help build out physical infrastructure. An Admin will, of course, administer and maintain a network. You will need to learn some CLI (Cisco, really) to be a top level pro, but the GUI for most network equipment has come a long way now.

2. Helpdesk - someone who does basic to advanced level support, usually over email or the phone. You could work for Microsoft, and be a helpdesk for their online store, or you could work for Wells Fargo, and be helpdesk for their internal staff.

3. General IT/Computer Tech - kind of like Helpdesk, but you're the "Jack of all trades". This is your traditional IT role in small/medium sized businesses. You probably won't have to do any coding, but you'll need to know a little bit about everything.

4. Or you could just say "fuck it", and get a job at Best Buy doing PC Repairs, for minimum wage (or not much over).

I actually have done the #4 for few months. It was really bad. Thanks for suggestions 1 to 3. #4, "fuck it"! LoL