Mic audio through Mic jack

Now its so simple but im not sure if you can do it.

I have a headset and speakers.
I want the game to go through speakers, but voice (discord through my headset)
I've looked online and nothing explains it properly.

Can you transmit and receive voice data on one 3.5mm mic jack.

Thanks in advance.

No, you can't.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I tried something like this and actually it worked. But you need a second driver, in my case it was the tv as default audio playback from control panel. The discord settings should be changed and in my case the mic was default audio one and the output was default speaker not the tv. so i was watching twitch with sound coming from the tv but talking with my friends in discord via headset. IDK how i ended up like that but it was nice..

I thought it was some kind of magic but was a happy accident lol.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

On 10/6/2016 at 6:31 PM, nicobombai said:

I tried something like this and actually it worked. But you need a second driver, in my case it was the tv as default audio playback from control panel. The discord settings should be changed and in my case the mic was default audio one and the output was default speaker not the tv. so i was watching twitch with sound coming from the tv but talking with my friends in discord via headset. IDK how i ended up like that but it was nice..

I thought it was some kind of magic but was a happy accident lol.

That actually makes sense, I might be able to that with my setup aswell, thanks :)

If you have discord downloaded and are not using the web app, you can set the default audio device to be your headphones through the discord user settings and keep your game audio going through the speakers through the windows sound settings

2.png

depending on your operating system, In windows

you can do just that by selecting your audio devices

choosing your speakers as the Main device

and your headset as the communication device.

Also take note that this WONT work on a single 3.5mm jack.

You would need to use an external audio interface or DAC to do this.

Otherwise you would need internal audio hardware with Multiple Outputs And a Line-In Or Mic Jack.

11 hours ago, pas008 said:

The jack has to be 4 conductor 

Even then, the audio has to be split up into 2 different devices.