Computer engineering for university?

xnoobftw
Go to solution Solved by steffen_anywhere,

@xnoobftw Computer Engineering is definitely a good, but also demanding course. A reasonable background understanding of physics is probably recommended, though that depends on how the university structures the course (Computer Science vs. Electrical Engineering). I'm currently studying Electrical Engineering and I'd expect there to be a substantial overlap in terms of maths and computer courses.

Computer engineering will focus on algorithms, data processing and programming more than my course does, and you will also learn about thing that we don't do, such as networking and software development. Again, this depends on where you're studying and you should definitely look at what the course offers at your chosen institution. Be prepared to learn A LOT of linear algebra :P.

If math is one of your strong points, and you think you are interested enough in computing beyond shiny gaming PCs, it'll be a great course with lots of potential jobs beyond the obvious industries, such as aerospace, automotive and many more.

5 hours ago, cesrai said:

How is mechanical engineering at your uni ?

I'm not sure, I haven't taken it. I have a buddy in it, and right now we are in all the same fundamental maths and physics. But starting next semester our course paths will go very separate ways.

I will say this though, our College of Engineering has consistently been rated in the top 20 in the United States for many years, so it's probably pretty good.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME