Turning Xbox 360 into a PC

Does anyone know how/if i can put linx (or a different program) on a Xbox 360 external hard drive after wiping it?

Moved to the appropriate section, also don't post your thread in multiple sections as it could be considered spamming.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

its SO not worth it even if you could. the Xbox One even, is SIGNIFICANTLY under powered for a PC. let a lone a 360.

28 minutes ago, VicLuiR said:

Does anyone know how/if i can put linx (or a different program) on a Xbox 360 external hard drive after wiping it?

It would have to be an OS that was specifically written for the Xbox 360's hardware, of which I don't think any exist.

1:Use an adapter and connect it to your pc and use it as a second harddrive.

2:Boot of a usb and select the xboxs hhd to install LINUX

Won't work.

Xbox 360 hardware differs enough from classical pc hardware that you wouldn't be able to successfully install any working os on it. Has been discussed before, same conclusion every time.

You could install linux on the hard drive, but the xbox wouldn't be able to read or process any of that data.

Even if you tried directly installing it on the xbox through clever trickery of the usb ports the os would just brick the machine since it lacks the required drivers to function with the hardware inside the machine.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

3 hours ago, VicLuiR said:

Unfortunately I cannot read your post very easily. Please fix that @VicLuiR by leaving the font color alone. Thank you.

You can certainly disassembly an Xbox 360 hard drive, format it, and put whatever you want on it for general storage through a PC.

Or were you asking if you can run another operating system on Xbox 360 hardware?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)