Your opinion on hackers (in games)?

KkEvIn_Heart

What do you think about hackers in shooter games such as Battlefield 4? Why do you think they use hacks in the first place? What's behind the issue?

I've done it before out of curiosity in other games and got fucked sideways when I was younger. Please don't roast me. I've learned, I've learned!!! 

I think it kinda sucks when you're on the receiving end of it, especially in FPS games. More relaxed games, and single player games I don't care about to be honest, as long as they don't effect my experience I'm good.  For example money in GTA 5 was always welcome. 

They use hacks because they're either bad, or are just bored of the game or are curious. It's good fun to be honest. I remember the days of good old cheat engine in Roblox.... Those were the days. 

Not all hackers do it because they suck It takes skill to press WSAD and head in the direction you want to hack in. 

CPU - i7-4790k | CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X53 | Motherboard -  Asus Gyphon Z97 Armour Edition | RAM - Corsair Vengeance (2x8GB) 2400Mhz | Graphics Card - MSI GTX 1070 | Power Supply - Corsair CS750M | Storage - Seagate 1TB HDD | Samsung 500GB 850 Evo | Case - Fractal Design ARC Mini R2 | Colour Theme - Generic Red & Black

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro | Peripherals - Corsair RGB Mechanical K70 Keyboard/Corsair M65 Mouse

Click here to give a damn

if it's in a closed enviroment (single player, private server where everyone "is in the know"), and it doesnt affect others, go right ahead.

however... using hacks to gain advantage against people who are not "in the know" is not acceptable in any way.

reasons why i guess people use hacks:

- they feel sad inside that they arent good at a game, and instead of exercise they go straight to steroids (if that analogy makes sense)

- they just want to win, no matter the means, and dont care about being legitimate.

- other means of extreme selfishness.

i love messing around with mods in minecraft, i do so in single player, on my own little private server, but if i go outside my own controlled stuff i either go clean, or with the same as everyone else is going (in the case of modded servers).

1 hour ago, ★ Coups ★ said:

I've done it before out of curiosity in other games and got fucked sideways when I was younger. Please don't roast me. I've learned, I've learned!!! 

I think it kinda sucks when you're on the receiving end of it, especially in FPS games. More relaxed games, and single player games I don't care about to be honest, as long as they don't effect my experience I'm good.  For example money in GTA 5 was always welcome. 

They use hacks because they're either bad, or are just bored of the game or are curious. It's good fun to be honest. I remember the days of good old cheat engine in Roblox.... Those were the days. 

Not all hackers do it because they suck It takes skill to press WSAD and head in the direction you want to hack in. 

Nice comment. I hack in Battlefield 4 for exactly the reasons you mentioned. 

- I suck at it

- I'm bored

- Curious about hacks

- Fun (for me)

There is not much  lower or scummier than If you hack in online multiplayer games and effect others gameplay. 

If you're in singleplayer or in a private match w/ friends, I don't care.

If you hack in public multiplayer, you're just plain being a dick.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I'm sorry man, but that is straight scum. 

well depends on what you call hacking

i play alot of minecraft and i use game enhancers such as

Optifine (allows you to zoom into a certain part of screen)

Kill ID (allows you to see how low an opponent is in health)

Minimap (allows me to see where other players are and a general look of the terrain 

but i dont use hacks like aimbot or Kill Aura

I use my enhancements to give me that edge over my opponents. after running my own tests, my enhancements improved my winning percentage by 6% (from 62% to 68%)

it didnt make a big difference. but when going into a fight that im clearly outmatched in (Leather Vs Iron or Iron Vs Diamond Gear) it gives me a shot at victory because i know when to retreat or chase. 

you can call it cheating but it doesn't give me much of an edge when equally matched.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

In competitive games where not everyone is on an equal footing, fuck them.

In games where it doesn't hurt any other player directly(think money modders in GTA Online or something like that) or when everyone in an environment does it, I don't really care.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

Unfairly gaining advantages over your fellow players in a competitive online game is just douchy. Just fooling around with hacks in a game like GTA5 online while staying out of other players' way, well, I've done a bit of that myself.

It's frustrating when playing competitively, but other than that I don't really care. It can be amusing at times.

COMIC SANS

Honestly for a game that's way old that I already play enough already....I don't mind.

Like sure it kinda sucks that I never get to play MW2 anymore seriously but I honestly have joined matches just to laugh at all the people flying around spamming rockets faster than SMG fire.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 10/1/2016 at 0:13 PM, KkEvIn_Heart said:

What do you think about hackers in shooter games such as Battlefield 4? Why do you think they use hacks in the first place? What's behind the issue?

It's because they're fucking terrible at life, and hacking in games is a natural extension of that.

Or, something else less dramatic than that.

/shrug