Amazon Announced 3 New Online Games Using Their Lumberyard Engine

eyecantseeover24fps

http://deliddedtech.com/2016/09/30/amazon-announces-3-new-online-games/

Today at Twitchcon Amazon announced 3 new online games, all of which will integrate with twitch to enable players to directly live stream their gameplay, and possibly even allow streamers and viewers to influence the game itself through the Twitch platform. 

Most of the info so far is just for Breakaway, the esports title, but I'm particularly interested in New World. As an avid MMORPG player myself, I really look forward to a sandbox MMO where I can build still and interact with the world, instead of the same usual grinding of the same content.

Which game interests you guys the most? I'm really looking forward to the next 3 days of Twitchcon to hear more.

29 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

* Amazon Announces 3 New Online Games Using Their  Crytek's Lumberyard Engine CryEngine.

Hey now, give credit where credit is due. They added the feature to direct sync the developers credit card with an amazon web services account and a button to give them money!

1 hour ago, zacRupnow said:

* Amazon Announces 3 New Online Games Using Their  Crytek's Lumberyard Engine CryEngine.

They completely overhauled it. It looks nothing like CryEngine 1 anymore.

Side note: I wonder if there are code repositories for the front ends of engines (the GUIs) available. I just finished a new component structure I want to try out. I just really don't want to build the GUI front end. It'll take me forever.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

1 hour ago, patrickjp93 said:

Side note: I wonder if there are code repositories for the front ends of engines (the GUIs) available. I just finished a new component structure I want to try out. I just really don't want to build the GUI front end. It'll take me forever.

Ctrl + C -> Ctrl + V

no need to get fancy Patrick :P 

Also, y u no skype? Too much work teaching the plebs at Suncorp?

18 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Ctrl + C -> Ctrl + V

:eyeroll:

That and I'm not hooked up to Internet in my apartment yet. Telstra is much worse than Comcast as a Tier 1 provider in customer service without a doubt.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

4 hours ago, patrickjp93 said:

:eyeroll:

That and I'm not hooked up to Internet in my apartment yet. Telstra is much worse than Comcast as a Tier 1 provider in customer service without a doubt.

yeah, from what i hear from people ive played online games with, for the past decade, Telstra is just barely better then using letter pidgeons

11 hours ago, WaxyMaxy said:

Hey now, give credit where credit is due. They added the feature to direct sync the developers credit card with an amazon web services account and a button to give them money!

There's a lot more to it than that. Yeah, they probably took the graphics API from Cryengine, but it does take a lot of work to make quality netcode to ensure games run well online. It's not as simple as integrating with Amazon AWS, they developed a framework for online games to make it easier to create the game rather than focusing on writing game server software.

4 hours ago, eyecantseeover24fps said:

There's a lot more to it than that. Yeah, they probably took the graphics API from Cryengine, but it does take a lot of work to make quality netcode to ensure games run well online. It's not as simple as integrating with Amazon AWS, they developed a framework for online games to make it easier to create the game rather than focusing on writing game server software.

Is netcode C#.Net, or did I miss something when that term was coined?

Thank God the C++ standards committee just added a networking library to the C++ 17 standard. It was about damn time.

5 hours ago, eyecantseeover24fps said:

I am aware. It was a joke. Your radar might need tuning.

On 9/30/2016 at 6:34 PM, patrickjp93 said:

Is netcode C#.Net, or did I miss something when that term was coined?

Thank God the C++ standards committee just added a networking library to the C++ 17 standard. It was about damn time.

I was just using netcode as a term for code pertaining to networking, I didn't mean .NET in particular.

.NET does seem to be used for a lot of IoT applications nowadays, though.

On 09/30/2016 at 5:01 AM, Prysin said:

Ctrl + C -> Ctrl + V

I wonder if Amazon has Ms Trump write their code...

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2016 at 0:59 AM, patrickjp93 said:

CryEngine 1 ??? CryEngine was in it's main iteration after CryEngine 3 before being sold to Amazon.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

42 minutes ago, zacRupnow said:

CryEngine 1 ??? CryEngine was in it's main iteration after CryEngine 3 before being sold to Amazon.

I believe Amazon only got access to CE1 and had to build off of that, unless you can find a source showing otherwise.

I was wondering how long it was going to be until games came out from Lumberyard. I can't wait to see a bunch of good inde devs get a hold of it and make something great.