What time is the best time to bid on an ebay Auction?

comicsansms

I am trying to win an ebay auction, there is one bid and an hour and a half to go, should I just bid now or should I bid latter?

What time is the best time to bid on an ebay auction?

Play dirty, snipe it. Bid at the very last second. :)

Hey, someone's gonna do it, so it may as well be you.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Yeah. Last 30 seconds is the way to go, but you should always assume somebody is doing the same thing so you have to up the ante a little bit and bid a little more than you think you should.

Shipping sucks

5 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

Yeah. Last 30 seconds is the way to go, but you should always assume somebody is doing the same thing so you have to up the ante a little bit and bid a little more than you think you should.

9 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Play dirty, snipe it. Bid at the very last second. :)

Hey, someone's gonna do it, so it may as well be you.

I lost the auction 2 hours ago, someone sniped it. 

3 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I am trying to win an ebay auction, there is one bid and an hour and a half to go, should I just bid now or should I bid latter?

What time is the best time to bid on an ebay auction?

bid as late as you can (be the last one to bid)

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

9 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I lost the auction 2 hours ago, someone sniped it. 

Aaaaaaaah, the irony. :(

That's how it is, there will always be snipers, so you have two choices, walk away, or join them.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

19 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Aaaaaaaah, the irony. :(

That's how it is, there will always be snipers, so you have two choices, walk away, or join them.

They posted in the last 10 seconds and I wasn't prepared 

I always make a bid at the last 15 minutes, then I bid as much as I'm willing to bid. (I've had eBay pull shit on me before by putting my max bid right away.  I could won this item at $25, eBay said, nope, you are paying $50 right away).

I've won things several times this way.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

I am confused about this sniping thing.

I thought ebay has the automatic bidding process, that bids on the item automatically until your max bid.

So for example if the item is at $10, and 2 people are bidding. Mine is $11 with max of $20. Then if the other guys is $12 with max bid of $19, I will win at $19.01 right, and ebay does that automatically.

11 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I am confused about this sniping thing.

I thought ebay has the automatic bidding process, that bids on the item automatically until your max bid.

So for example if the item is at $10, and 2 people are bidding. Mine is $11 with max of $20. Then if the other guys is $12 with max bid of $19, I will win at $19.01 right, and ebay does that automatically.

Yes, but in the last 5 seconds, someone could come in and bid $21, and you wouldn't have time to respond, even if you were, say, willing to bid $22.

But yes, the reserve bid (That's your max) system has certainly helped a lot with ebay sniping issues.

Personally, I rarely deal with Auctions anymore. Buy It Now price or bust. Often they will have "Make Offer" enabled, so you can lowball them and many will accept, or will counter with as low as they're willing to go.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I just bid on a iPhone 4 in the last 30 seconds, My item bid was $55.99, then I went to another screen and I freaked out knowing I got 25 seconds left, so I kept punching in $60 for that second screen "Max Bid". But its mine for $55 :)

There were 2 others (User 4 and User 5) doing what I was doing. The others maxxed out.

***Neato Suprise - Local Pickup is Freeeeee :)  I am a happy camper now.

Looking at the bids

ebay example 1.jpg