F@H not using full GPU?

What the title says. My GPU usage is never full while folding and all I have going other then folding is the internet. I am not hitting my GPU temp limit. Is there a solution or is this just how it has to be?

post-16265-0-82639700-1382127399_thumb.p

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

What Driver version are you using? Also try uninstalling Precision, I had a ton of issues with my 780 when using it.

I'm not an audiophile, I'm just really picky about my music... and my headphones... and my speakers... and my microphone. Other than that, I'm totally not an audiophile.

What Driver version are you using? Also try uninstalling Precision, I had a ton of issues with my 780 when using it.

I have the latest full release drivers 327.23.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

DOH!! I have heard that version has some possible issues. Few people have complained about slowing down. If things are working ok, don't upgrade :)

Can you post what GPU core you are working on? If it is a core15 then that can also be the issue, as it doesn't always properly use full load, whereas typically a core17 will.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

DOH!! I have heard that version has some possible issues. Few people have complained about slowing down. If things are working ok, don't upgrade :)

Can you post what GPU core you are working on? If it is a core15 then that can also be the issue, as it doesn't always properly use full load, whereas typically a core17 will.

I am on the core 17... GTX 780 running 327.23. I was still pulling about 150k but I can usually do closer to 170-200k. (But that was over the summer when I was folding a bit more, I just had a couple free days where I could and I realized that I was not getting the fullest.

My rigs

Spoiler

Maybe try the beta tag.

Honestly,  Whatever that bug is... I want that bug working on my system.  I hate the gpu all or nothing option.  At least with CPU  you can reduce it.  Always have to stop folding on GPU since everything goes to a crawl.

My Rigs (past and present)

Maybe try the beta tag.

Honestly,  Whatever that bug is... I want that bug working on my system.  I hate the gpu all or nothing option.  At least with CPU  you can reduce it.  Always have to stop folding on GPU since everything goes to a crawl.

I do that the beta tag lol. I wish I could give it to you and I could have it using everything of mine  :P It doesn't bother me much, I just like to get the most out of my hardware.

My rigs

Spoiler

Keep an eye on it - see if the next core causes it to jump back up. 

Well - never mind. Stupid GForce experience. Just checked and sure enough mine is running 327.23 and my 780 is running about 96-98...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Keep an eye on it - see if the next core causes it to jump back up. 

Well - never mind. Stupid GForce experience. Just checked and sure enough mine is running 327.23 and my 780 is running about 96-98...

Well that is better than what mine is doing, mine was like 50% to full......

My rigs

Spoiler

Blah... I just realized I didn't have beta tag.  So just added it on (see core 17!)... I noticed more CPU usage (extra 10% for me).  GPU fluctuates less as I reduced CPU from 7/8 thread to 6/8 thread (back to 90% cpu).  Waiting for ppd.

@tS_kStin  I guess that's why I'm not getting anywhere near you ppd... hrm.  Have you tried reducing cpu or reinstalling driver?

2600K@ 4.8, GTX 680 v331.40

You...are evil.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

What issues? Running it one my rig, as the one Zotac released was junk, and has been working fine.

Blah... I just realized I didn't have beta tag.  So just added it on (see core 17!)... I noticed more CPU usage (extra 10% for me).  GPU fluctuates less as I reduced CPU from 7/8 thread to 6/8 thread (back to 90% cpu).  Waiting for ppd.

@tS_kStin  I guess that's why I'm not getting anywhere near you ppd... hrm.  Have you tried reducing cpu or reinstalling driver?

2600K@ 4.8, GTX 680 v331.40

I did just re install 327.23, I have not reduced the CPU usage at all though. I will see how the re installed driver goes next time I have a chance to fold.

My rigs

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...

I did just re install 327.23, I have not reduced the CPU usage at all though. I will see how the re installed driver goes next time I have a chance to fold.

Are you still getting that much PPD?  I get crap with my 680.  It did go over 70K or so on gpu at one point, now getting less and usual.