Rooted Android Device

VAkena

I bought a Galaxy s4 from a friend (replacing my Lumia) and rooted it. Although I feel like a b0ss now, I actually don't know what to do with a rooted device. What are some killer things I can do with a rooted device?

you can browse files you otherwise couldn't, install apps that let you change system settings you otherwise couldn't, etc.

Basically it's just more power and control :)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I if put the pieces together correctly, android is technically linux. In Linux, the Root user has complete control and ultimate power over everything (the "admin"). "Rooting" your android gives you this power to do this; it gives you complete, unrestricted access to things the phone would normally lock you out of doing (to prevent you from messing things up).

Jailbreaking on iOS is pretty much the same thing.

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]

for me, its mainly to remove ads from apps themselves with ad block plus and/or lucky patcher.

Altair - Firestrike: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/13945459

CPU:  i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHz Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A RAM: 16GB @ 1600MHz CL11 GPU: XFX RX 470 RS Storage: ADATA SP550 240GB | WD Blue 1TB | Toshiba 2TB PSU: EVGA B2 750W Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Fans: Phanteks PH-F200SP (Front) | Phanteks PH-F140SP (Rear) | Noctua NF-A15 (Top)

Mouse: Logitech G502 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 MX Brown | Audio: Sennheiser HD 558

Sorry to revive a oldish post but I thought I would throw my two cents in...

Well you could install Xposed framework and modify the look of the system or other such things (youtube has hundreds of videos on Xposed and what it can do). I use root mainly to get access to the main file system but i also use it for specific apps like monochrome with makes the screen black and white when the battery is low (useful for AMOLED screens which the s4 has). You could go one step forward and install a custom rom and recovery which if I had a Samsung s4 I would do as you would be able to get a de-bloated an faster running phone with the potential to run android Marshmallow or even android Nouget.

XDA Link to Samsung Galaxy s4 Roms  You will need to click on the one that works for your model if its the stock, unlocked, older s4 it will most likely be i9500 you can check which one you have in about phone or when you boot the phone it will tell you the specific version.