Buying chocolate on Amazon (Or any website)

Hi guys! I have bought chocolate from Amazon three times, and so far every time it melted. The first time the candy came it was outside for a while, so it might be my fault, the other two times were today and I brought them in shorty after they came (It heard the door bell in the shower, the boxes were outside for maybe 20 minutes). Is this normal? 

I have gotten a full refund, no questions asked, all three times, and they even let me keep the melted chocolate. It's not usable for my original plans of giving them out at a party, but I can still find a way to use them, so I can't really complain with free melted candy bars. Still, they wouldn't be mailing these to people if they always melted, right? 

Maybe they expect you to immediately take in the package, but if you're not home the box still gets dropped off, there's no signature required.... but if they intend for the package to survive outside your front door for a while before you take it in, then why do they melt every time for me? Even today, one had 3 ice packs and some thermal shielding stuff, yet 2/3rds of the candy bars were melted. 

Have any of you bought chocolate online? Does it melt immediately, or come already melted, or am I the odd one out here? I don't want to deliberately screw over Amazon, I may be cheap and I will abuse poorly managed promotions but I won't go so far as to deliberately buy candy I know will melt to get it for free. The first time I didn't know, and now that I've given them a second chance and seen that both candy orders melted within 20 minutes, possibly even occurring on the truck, I won't be using Amazon for chocolate, but I want to know what experience you guys have had.

But why you order chocolate online? Walmart? 

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

But why you order chocolate online? Walmart? 

Gift cards. I've been getting a lot of Amazon gift cards lately. Also, curiosity. I thought right when I bought it "This is going to arrive melted, there's no way it will come intact, but then, if it melts for sure, why would they even offer it? I know, I'll buy some and find out!"

But now I am thinking maybe it melts for me because I live in SoCal, so I want to know if anyone else has experience with this. 

Shit free chocolate, just keep ordering it and getting refunds 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

amazon keep all there food in a airconned area of the warehouse its about 15 degrees so if it melts its will be the delivery bit so depending on how soon in the day they get there you know 

also totally unrelated side note that is the worst area to work in when your hungry 

I lurk a lot

On 9/28/2016 at 1:06 AM, ShadowCaptain said:

Shit free chocolate, just keep ordering it and getting refunds 

I would, if I disliked Amazon. While they can be expensive, they're also convenient and, at least in my experience, exceedingly nice. Now, if Walmart were doing this, hell I'd order free candy all day... but not from a company that's treated me well. 

i posted some chocolate to a friend in Texas..... London UK to Texas US and it survived.... 

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

8 minutes ago, phillrulz said:

i posted some chocolate to a friend in Texas..... London UK to Texas US and it survived.... 

Interesting. Very interesting. How's the weather there and at the receiving end? I don't travel much and as a result tend to forget some parts of the world are actually cooler than 90°F...

3 hours ago, Jason Betts said:

I would, if I disliked Amazon. While they can be expensive, they're also convenient and, at least in my experience, exceedingly nice. Now, if Walmart were doing this, hell I'd order free candy all day... but not from a company that's treated me well. 

True i do like amazon myself

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

It needs ice packs or thermal packaging to ship chocolate. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

7 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

It depends on the weather, but it seems to be whoever is delivering your chocolate isn't handling it properly.  So, you might wanna contact whoever delivers it, and ask them why it keeps coming that way.

Good point. If other people are not experiencing this then it must be my local post office.