Sleeping with computer under bed

babadoctor
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,
2 hours ago, babadoctor said:

but can someone please tell me what the consequences are of leaving it there besides actual physical damage like fire

and something else like radio waves or something shitty

It gets dusty and temps rise? You get tinnitus from fan noise? There isn't anything in PC components to emit radiation. Actually your phone would have more effect. Batteries emit small amount of radiation. But depending on where you live, common tap water or food is more likely to be source for such things.

So unless you decide to eat PC hardware, nothing bad will happen to you.

2 minutes ago, babadoctor said:

i mean, i dont know about that

a REAL server is noisy as fuck and sounds like a lawnmower (or maybe thats just my interpretation of a server)

e.g dell poweredge is really really REALLY noisy

Depends on the use case, as well as the size of the chassis (1U form factors being especially loud). If you're looking for a home storage server, you can get away with low power Xeons. Through the use of larger, slower fans, more powerful hardware may be accommodated without excessive noise, though more height will be required. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I think the only way you could die from having a computer case beneath your bed is if it was actively being tracked by GPS system, and the SAS would come overyou to bring down your british children kidnapping network!

Groomlake Authority