CSGO FPS issue

SemiSolid1

This new windows 10 update has really messed with my pc I updated to the newest version and had a bunch of problems with microsoft c++ so I deleted it and reinstalled it. Thinking everything was fine I launched csgo and my fps is capped at 60 now. So besides this and other issues I restored my pc to an earlier version, thinking it would fix all the new problems well now my fps is capped at 120. Yes, I did set the fps to unlimited does anyone know what to do?

Not very clear. What version of Windows are you on now? What are your specs? Is Vsync on?

9 minutes ago, Jade said:

Not very clear. What version of Windows are you on now? What are your specs? Is Vsync on?

Windows 10 just went back before the update. Good specs 970, i7 4790k etc. I don't believe vsync is on I never  turned it on. Before this update and restoring I would get like 400fps

Just now, SemiSolid1 said:

Windows 10 just went back before the update. Good specs 970, i7 4790k etc. I don't believe vsync is on I never  turned it on. Before this update and restoring I would get like 400fps

Turn off the Xbox DVR function, reinstall your GPU drivers, reinstall CSGO. One of those should fix it.

I happen to have the same CPU & GPU as you SemiSolid1, what I can say is for me I had the issue back when I opened up CS:GO it'd be capped at 30fps, until I alt-tabbed and alt-tabbed back in. To fix this, I turned off the Xbox DVR function as Jade had recommended.

48 minutes ago, Jade said:

Turn off the Xbox DVR function, reinstall your GPU drivers, reinstall CSGO. One of those should fix it.

2 hours ago, Jade said:

1 hour ago, Xurah said:

I happen to have the same CPU & GPU as you SemiSolid1, what I can say is for me I had the issue back when I opened up CS:GO it'd be capped at 30fps, until I alt-tabbed and alt-tabbed back in. To fix this, I turned off the Xbox DVR function as Jade had recommended.

Thanks guys the xbox thing worked. Weird considering I have never used it or have ever owned an xbox