144 hz users I need your help

seloner

Hello guys I bought a new monitor 3 days go .I bought lg 24GM77 144 hz.I like the screen the colours are very good for a tn panel but I am getting a small tearing when I am doing fast movements of my mouse in some games.Most of the times I play Rainbow Six Siege and I notice a small tearing.The tearing is getting worse over 144 fps.Only way to fix that is to enable to vsync which is bad because I am getting low fps compared to vsync off.Another way to fix that is with fast sync which I think it causes some small stuttering.I thought I woudnt notice tearing on 144 hz.Is my monitor/gpu faulty or the only way to eliminate tearing is with gysnc monitor? This is a video of short gameplay .I can upload the video on dropbox if someone wants to download the best quality of the video.Thanks for the help .My gpu is gtx 970 and cpu i7 6700k .

Screen tearing happens when you run higher fps then your monitor can show, try locking the fps in the drivers.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

3 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Screen tearing happens when you run higher fps then your monitor can show, try locking the fps in the drivers.

Did u watch the video?My fps are under 144 :P

1 minute ago, seloner said:

Did u watch the video?My fps are under 144 :P

Can't watch the video right now, but if your fps is under the 144Hz max of the monitor it can't be screen tearing.

•E5-2670 @2.7GHz • Intel DX79SI • EVGA 970 SSC• GSkill Sniper 8Gb ddr3 • Corsair Spec 02 • Corsair RM750 • HyperX 120Gb SSD • Hitachi 2Tb HDD •

Is it actually running at 144Hz?

Have you changed the frame rate in windows? It's possible it defaults to 60Hz...

Maybe there is somewhere in the monitor menu a list that shows at what res and refresh rate it's running, try to find that and check if it actually says 144Hz.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I checked from display settings and from nvidia control panel and its shows 144 hz.

8 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Can't watch the video right now, but if your fps is under the 144Hz max of the monitor it can't be screen tearing.

Screen tearing happens when you are below the maximum as well. It occurs when the video card outputs a frame while the monitor is in the process of displaying the previous frame. It actually happens less the higher the refresh rate of the monitor.

The only way to stop it is to enable V-Sync, or have a FreeSync or G-Sync monitor and have one of those enabled. Furthermore, when V-Sync is enabled, your fps is locked to the monitors refresh rate, so any fps you were getting above 144 is useless to begin with.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

5 minutes ago, Masada02 said:

Screen tearing happens when you are below the maximum as well. It occurs when the video card outputs a frame while the monitor is in the process of displaying the previous frame. It actually happens less the higher the refresh rate of the monitor.

The only way to stop it is to enable V-Sync, or have a FreeSync or G-Sync monitor and have one of those enabled. Furthermore, when V-Sync is enabled, your fps is locked to the monitors refresh rate, so any fps you were getting above 144 is useless to begin with.

Yeah the problem is that when I enable vsync I am getting fps drops more easily,for example sometimes I drop under 144 hz and my gpu usage is like 80 %.I just didnt a buy a new g sync monitor because most of the 144 hz users were saying that u dont notice the tearing if u have high fps . U can download here https://www.dropbox.com/s/bu06vqsp16r4fs8/tear.mp4?dl=0 if u want the best quality of the video .

27 minutes ago, SLAYR said:

Erm yes it can lol

anything that isn't exactly 144hz will tear

only way to stop it is gsync or vsync 

honestly get Msi after burner and Capp ur fps at 144hz in river tuner it should make the tearing in noticeable at 144hz

and will also eliminate the laggy associated with vsync and gsync

(yes gsync has lagg when u hit max fps)

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

i have the exact same monitor, and had the except same GPU. And yes, that normal. Some games are unplayable because of the tearing, on some you never notice anything.. if it's annoying enable V-Sync (except it's a shooter, then you're screwed).

Since the Monitor doesn't have either FreeSync or G-Sync there is no other way then enabling V-Sync or capping FPS.

24 minutes ago, Evann said:

i have the exact same monitor, and had the except same GPU. And yes, that normal. Some games are unplayable because of the tearing, on some you never notice anything.. if it's annoying enable V-Sync (except it's a shooter, then you're screwed).

Since the Monitor doesn't have either FreeSync or G-Sync there is no other way then enabling V-Sync or capping FPS.

Thanks man

Enabling triple buffering supposedly eliminates tearing without giving you the input lag of Vsync. i.e., the best of both worlds. NVIDIA also has a feature called "Fast VSync" on the GeForce 10 cards (they might've enabled this in general but it was in the GeForce 10 product literature).