Forum flipping image

KuJoe
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Unfortunately, this is a browser issue - the image is actually upside down, with metadata telling the client that it should be viewed the other way up, but only Firefox supports automatically rotating the image based on the metadata at the moment (it is in the spec, and there is a Chrome bug relating to implementing it there (with most of the work done), so hopefully it will be added at some point).

I have added the necessary code to allow Firefox to rotate the images, and that will be present in the next update, but there's nothing that I can do about Chrome.

I uploaded an image to one of my websites and normally I can post it here just fine but in this instance it flipped the image upside-down for some reason. Here's a link to the post: 

As you can see the image is upside-down in the forums but if you click on the picture then click on "Full Size" it will bring you to the original image (http://n3rd.info/upl/20160920_190055.jpg) which is not upside-down.

-KuJoe

I think what has actually happened is that the image is upside down, but your browser is smart, and when viewing the image on its own, it detects that the image is the wrong way up (using metadata in the image), and corrects for that. I can make it correct for the orientation when embedded in the page too, but I will need to check to make sure that won't break anything, because there are other places where it may automatically rotate images.

HTTP/2 203

Unfortunately, this is a browser issue - the image is actually upside down, with metadata telling the client that it should be viewed the other way up, but only Firefox supports automatically rotating the image based on the metadata at the moment (it is in the spec, and there is a Chrome bug relating to implementing it there (with most of the work done), so hopefully it will be added at some point).

I have added the necessary code to allow Firefox to rotate the images, and that will be present in the next update, but there's nothing that I can do about Chrome.

HTTP/2 203

4 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Thanks, I'll rotate the image manually and re-upload it. :D

-KuJoe