Please Reply if you are an Engineer! Few questions

jewishdolphins

These two were engineers.

Would be awesome, if they answer your interview questions.

275px-Screenshot_(714).png

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

No one is answering the OP seriously :(.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

1 minute ago, IAEInferno said:

No one is answering the OP seriously :(.

well knowing that engineers can be quite serious, hardworking and delved into their work I doubt they would have the time to casually wander a random tech forum, that is dominated by gamers. answering questions in a section dominated by non-serious stuff asked by someone that softly pokes a religion with it's username.

on the other hand, the engineer(s) might have pmed him, because that works better.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just now, Bsmith said:

well knowing that engineers can be quite serious, hardworking and delved into their work I doubt they would have the time to casually wander a random tech forum, that is dominated by gamers. answering questions in a section dominated by non-serious stuff asked by someone that softly pokes a religion with it's username.

on the other hand, the engineer(s) might have pmed him, because that works better.

Nonetheless, poor OP :(.

Just now, IAEInferno said:

Nonetheless, poor OP :(.

unless said engineers(like said before) answered in PM, I doubt that anyone with such a job throws it around(trust me they don't)

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Just now, Bsmith said:

unless said engineers(like said before) answered in PM, I doubt that anyone with such a job throws it around(trust me they don't)

I doubt any serious engineer would just pm their information easily like you said.

Poor OP :(.

I'm happy to answer seriously, but a few details will only give via PM and more detailed 'interview' answer.

Name: pm

Employer: major U.K. Civil engineering firm operating internationally 

Education: Masters in Engineering, First class (Hons) pm for more details

In brief I've worked both the contracting (i.e. construction side) and design side predominantly in infrastructure. So I have personally been involved with the construction and design of bridges, roads, harbours, flood defences etc. and all the associated works. I don't deal with buildings, e.g. skyscrapers, hospitals etc. but my colleagues do. I understand USA has a very different term for my profession.

I like that my profession truly makes a difference to everyone's lives, whether they realise it or not (most don't). But I hate that 99.9% of people don't know what a civil engineer is, look down on us, think we just shovel tarmac, just cause disruptions and think it's an easy degree - just for clarification, I don't do the actual manual labour, I do the design and management of construction - from starting my degree to becoming fully qualified (i.e. Chartered) takes a minimum of 8 years but usually a lot longer.

Many of my colleagues who don't like the hours, stress or work-life balance become accountants or generic managers. I've considered both accounting and teaching maths, both options that require minimal retraining but haven't because it is one of the few jobs that truly allows me to work anywhere in the world. I always wanted to do an engineering discipline, I chose civil purely because of the travel potential.

If you want more details I am more than happy to supply, just PM me.