Can i use this name for YouTube?

Can i use the Mr.Stark  name for Youtube? 

Its the name of the IronMan character Tony Stark, someone told me i cant use such names for example as ''Batman'', ''Superman'' because they are character names....   

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Just now, mackaledy said:

You can

You sure? Its character name aswell 

Project Redline: 

♦CPU: i7-5820k  ♦CPU Cooler: Kraken x61 ♦Mobo: MSI X99A SLI ♦RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB 3200mhz ♦GPU: Evga 980Ti Hybrid ♦Case: NZXT H440 ♦SSD: Samsung 850EVO 500GB ♦HDD: WD BLUE 1TB 7200rpm ♦Display: 1280 x 1024

Mr Stark should be fine, but obviously you cannot use any iron man branding or anything - but you could do a parody of it, and that would be fine

call him like "aluminium man" 

Mr Stark is too generic, and real people are called Mr Stark

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can, it's a real name. However, if you name yourself Mr.IronMan then that's the time it would be iffy.

10 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Mr Stark should be fine, but obviously you cannot use any iron man branding or anything - but you could do a parody of it, and that would be fine

call him like "aluminium man" 

Mr Stark is too generic, and real people are called Mr Stark

Lapis lazuli man :D B|

Ya i know real people are called like that. I just like the way it sounds and couldn't really come with something more creative, i am also big fan of Robert Downey Jr work

I have another question aswell: 

Is it fine if i do character name but change some letters on it?

Example: IronMan > IronMann 

Example: Batman > Battmann 

Example: Scrat > Scratt 

Wait! You dont know Scrat? Here he is :D

Spoiler

fEVsgU.jpg

Project Redline: 

1 minute ago, Redjo said:

Lapis lazuli man :D B|

Ya i know real people are called like that. I just like the way it sounds and couldn't really come with something more creative, i am also big fan of Rober Downey Jr work. 

I have another question aswell: 

Is it fine if i do character name but change some letters on it?

Example: IronMan > IronMann 

Example: Batman > Battmann 

Example: Scrat > Scratt 

Wait! You dont know Scrat? Here he is :D

Hide contents

Thats a grey area, those are quite blatant , if it was like BUTTMAN or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

11 minutes ago, mackaledy said:

100% since the only "Ironman" is protected but "Mr. Stark" isnt. 

Btw how do i know if something protected or not? 

For example out there are some unpopular character names are they protected aswell or like ''secondary characters'' such as the other animals from Ice Age.... 

Project Redline: 

5 minutes ago, Jorgen297 said:

You 100% won't have any copyright issues unless you get like a million subscribers. However some movie companies are known to just search for specific terms related to their brand and automatically remove videos without even watching them lol, so if they search for like iron man you may get rekt by the collateral. 

unless? :D

I plan going for it so.... Kappa 

Project Redline: 

15 hours ago, Mirdon said:

You can, it's a real name. However, if you name yourself Mr.IronMan then that's the time it would be iffy.

I would say something like Mr. IronMan is grey area too. I also think big companies like Marvel register those kinds of names in popular services, so that you wouldn't be able to use them. The thing with trademarks is that they need to be specific and all variations which company want to protect must be included in the listing. So having something like T0ny St4rk or 1RONMANNN would be just fine.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

14 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

I would say something like Mr. IronMan is grey area too.

That's what iffy means bud.

1 minute ago, Mirdon said:

That's what iffy means bud.

Sorry, didn't see the last part :)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Sorry, didn't see the last part :)

No worries! :)