does this pic work in black and white?

DominicNikon
6 minutes ago, Laputacake said:

Seems slightly overexposed in the trees. Might work after that.

is this better?

DSC_7177-2.jpg

11 minutes ago, DominicNikon said:

snip

In LR you can apply a gradient ND filter instead of changing exposure for every part of the image.  Or play around with adjusting the highlights and shadows sliders, or the adjustment brush.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

maybe but it needs some serious editing

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 hour ago, ShadowCaptain said:

maybe but it needs some serious editing

Frankly, the photo is a complete mess of uninteresting elements.  Now, for example, if there was someone sitting on the bench or standing next to the two trees that are beside the path...

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

Just now, ALwin said:

Frankly, the photo is a complete mess of uninteresting elements.  Now, for example, if there was someone sitting on the bench or standing next to the two trees that are beside the path...

Yeah thats a serious problem, thats why I meant with some creative editing, like making the forest really dark and having the bench really light, so it looks like a safe place amongst the dark trees or something 

I mean, its a photo of a bench and some trees, its probably the most boring photo OP could have taken

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

4 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

snip

Well the only thing I see of that location is what the photo shows.  But if I was there, I'd look to see if there might be another camera angle that make the scene or at least the immediate surroundings look interesting.  Sometimes a simple low angle shot with the camera facing up and capturing the sun shining through the leaves might work, or go back to the location at another time of the day.

I have a friend in the UK who can take boring looking scenes and composites them with other elements to make things interesting.

http://dflynnphotography.com/mini_worlds

mini-world-dave-flynn-everythingwithatwi