FAA bans Samsung Note 7 passengers from using their phone regardless if you have the replacement

GoodBytes
On 9/16/2016 at 4:40 PM, djdwosk97 said:

The Note 7 has a serious exploding problem. afaik no other major phone had a global recall due to explosions.

There is no (easy) way for anyone to know if a note 7 is original or a replaced one.

nokia 07

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

One of these days, the iPhone is going to be on the FAA banned list and Samsung users are going to be like, "we've had this feature for years".

9 minutes ago, Kimmers said:

One of these days, the iPhone is going to be on the FAA banned list and Samsung users are going to be like, "we've had this feature for years".

The exploding phone will feature in the next 007 movie. 

If the Note line becomes tarnished beyond repair, may be a good opportunity to snag a really good phone at reasonable cost due to lower demand. Kind of callous, but something worth bringing up regardless. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

4 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The exploding phone will feature in the next 007 movie. 

If the Note line becomes tarnished beyond repair, may be a good opportunity to snag a really good phone at reasonable cost due to lower demand. Kind of callous, but something worth bringing up regardless. 

Yea apparently Galaxy sales have gone through the roof over at ISIS.

Jokes aside, the Note 7 is still a really good phone and if this debacle lowers the resale value of it then I might get one just for fun.

Im actually really really glad I dident buy this phone... I still have my old Note 4. Note 7 pisses me off because theres no removable battery and other things that made the note 4 special. And now they are exploding. Why buy a phone with a battery you cant replace because the battery will be junk in 2 years because of charging cycles and then you will have to get a new refurbished phone. My battery on the Note 4 finally IMO went after 2 years of use and I ordered 2 extra new batterys and the battery life is amazing again. The Note 4's hardware is actually still quite good even today.

[CPU: 4.3 GHZ I5-4670K] [MB: Gigabyte Z87-D3H] [RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1833 MHZ (8GB)]

[GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1070] [PSU: Corsair CX-750] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 2TB 7200RPM HDD / 500GB Samsung 850 EVO ] [Case: ThermalTake Chaser-MK 1]

[Keyboard:Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX] [Mouse: Razer DeathAdder] [Monitor: 2 x ASUS 24 INCH IPS (1440p Soon)]

12 minutes ago, Heavygun1450 said:

Im actually really really glad I dident buy this phone... I still have my old Note 4. Note 7 pisses me off because theres no removable battery and other things that made the note 4 special. And now they are exploding. Why buy a phone with a battery you cant replace because the battery will be junk in 2 years because of charging cycles and then you will have to get a new refurbished phone. My battery on the Note 4 finally IMO went after 2 years of use and I ordered 2 extra new batterys and the battery life is amazing again. The Note 4's hardware is actually still quite good even today.

While not removable in a quick sense, with time and tools, most phones (even iPhones) can have their battery replaced with little drama. 

If I could find one for cheap, I'd probably buy a recall unit, pull the original battery, and replace it myself when they become available. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I don't know if it can be considered a blow to the note brand or to samsung itself. As with all these cases I make my judgement on a per device basis, so I don't care in the slightest as long as the new models don't, in fact, explode. Much of the general public however is still in a state where the only distinction between phones in their mind is samsung or apple. If they get the impression that a samsung phone will probably explode in their hands they are just going to buy an iphone.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well they can make the argument that the Note 7 is a dangerous device, since that S-Pen can be turned into a lethal weapon, in the right hands ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Groomlake Authority

2 hours ago, Sauron said:

-snip-

We all know everyone loves LG more than anything else.

(Insert Sarcasm here...)

Groomlake Authority

4 hours ago, dexxterlab97 said:

Here comes people getting offended over a joke.

Look, you want to make a joke?

No problem.

Add "/s" to your post. Bam. Done.

Oh, you didn't? Then prepare for people to take you seriously.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)