U.S. Government Issues Official Note 7 Recall

Kozworth
17 hours ago, Elerek said:

they do realize it's not something that can really take out a plane, right? Like, it's only when fast charging and it's a tiny little burst of expansion, not a *boom*, and any fire would be minimal and easy to deal with. Any phone/laptop battery can be made to combust if you want it to, so if they're worried about it being used intentionally, there are much better ways than using a note 7 :P 

Seems like a rather gross overstep by the govt.

You can't bring a pocket knife on a plane, do you think an explosive of ANY SIZE would or should be allowed? Planes are complex machines, the chaos that would ensue from a blowing phone (followed most likely by something being on fire) would put the plane and passengers at severe risk. it's not like people are just going to be like "oh look, a note 7 exploding. How quaint." and calmly take an extinguisher.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

17 hours ago, o0Martin said:

Thankfully Samsung have said the Note 7 will be back on sale, fully fixed, by the 21st at the latest, I think it's 19th in the UK, which is when I'll pick mine up :D

You have no idea how happy that makes me. My currently ordered phone from affordablemobiles is currently on "awaiting stock" the fact i can potentially have it by next tue/wed is fucking awesome. almost a month since i placed the order.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

1 hour ago, Noctus said:

You have no idea how happy that makes me. My currently ordered phone from affordablemobiles is currently on "awaiting stock" the fact i can potentially have it by next tue/wed is fucking awesome. almost a month since i placed the order.

Aha yeah same, been a month for me too since I made my pre order which was delayed then cancelled by Samsung. 

Carphone warhouse and O2 have actually had the fixed phones for a while, in very very limited stock, and they've been replacing some of the pre orders before they ran out of stock again. So I'm hoping on the 19th/21st whenever it is that Samsung will provide enough stock to ALL the companies, I don't want it to be out of stock before I even get to make my order >:(:D

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

7 minutes ago, o0Martin said:

Aha yeah same, been a month for me too since I made my pre order which was delayed then cancelled by Samsung. 

Carphone warhouse and O2 have actually had the fixed phones for a while, in very very limited stock, and they've been replacing some of the pre orders before they ran out of stock again. So I'm hoping on the 19th/21st whenever it is that Samsung will provide enough stock to ALL the companies, I don't want it to be out of stock before I even get to make my order >:(:D

Yeah my contract is from Three via that 3rd party website, order just sitting at the "awaiting stock" stage then it gets shipped next day free delivery. here's hoping either 3 or the webby get stock pronto. Can't wait for my Blue coral phone :D

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

What will they do with the S7? I mean if it blows up in a kids face we have an issue. 

If it ain´t broke don't try to break it.

I doubt Samsung would further their losses by dropping the price

6 hours ago, Noctus said:

Yeah my contract is from Three via that 3rd party website, order just sitting at the "awaiting stock" stage then it gets shipped next day free delivery. here's hoping either 3 or the webby get stock pronto. Can't wait for my Blue coral phone :D

Don't hate me, but I think I may have jumped the gun lool. Now a lot of sites are reporting that the 19th/21st is either the last day of the exchange program, or the day when they get new stock, and some sites are saying they wont be available for new orders till the 28th... :(

So we may have to wait a little while longer :S

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Now with the dude who's Jeep was allegedly burned down by his Note 7, can they hold Samsung liable when they've already issued a recall and instructed their users to not use the device? I'm pretty sure his insurance company is going to look at this case and deny any insurance claims.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

23 hours ago, N0rm said:

Airplanes are pressurized with normal air, and at a lower pressure than at sea level.

Sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but the pilot in me couldn't handle reading this. Planes are pressurized to simulate an altitude anywhere between 4-6 thousand feet ASL. Pressurizing to sea level would be a monumental task. I don't know how this would affect combustion of chemicals, but I thought I'd toss it out there anyways.

I'm patiently waiting for price cuts/discounted deals off T-mobile for these bomb.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Now with the dude who's Jeep was allegedly burned down by his Note 7, can they hold Samsung liable when they've already issued a recall and instructed their users to not use the device? I'm pretty sure his insurance company is going to look at this case and deny any insurance claims.

the recall wasn't official until yesterday

any incidents that started happening since yesterday and onward will be heavily scrutinized - the ones before that ... insurance companies will pony up and take it with Samsung for the loses

12 hours ago, o0Martin said:

Don't hate me, but I think I may have jumped the gun lool. Now a lot of sites are reporting that the 19th/21st is either the last day of the exchange program, or the day when they get new stock, and some sites are saying they wont be available for new orders till the 28th... :(

So we may have to wait a little while longer :S

vader nooooooo.jpg

On 17/09/2016 at 1:24 PM, Noctus said:

vader nooooooo.jpg

Wait... it gets worse :/

The 28th of September is just for South Korea, the date for the US re-release is not until the 21st of OCTOBER :dry:
No word yet on the actual UK date, but I'm praying it's much closer to the South Korean date than it is the American date... 

On 16/09/2016 at 0:50 PM, Misanthrope said:

If the pilot has one it could take him out and then it might be a rocky ride.

I doubt it would take the pilot out. Anyway the copilot would be able to land the plane. If planes could be brought down by exploding phones and laptops there would be accidents all the time. Engines have to withstand bird strikes (which happen surprisingly frequently without any issues) and the airframe has to go through large pressure changes and freezing temperatures. Planes are pretty durable.

On 19/09/2016 at 6:17 PM, o0Martin said:

Wait... it gets worse :/

The 28th of September is just for South Korea, the date for the US re-release is not until the 21st of OCTOBER :dry:
No word yet on the actual UK date, but I'm praying it's much closer to the South Korean date than it is the American date... 

Oh you are fucking shitting me ....