Weird connector in case accesoires

Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,

Its the squeeker can that makes the beep with the mobo doesn't post or does.

There is normally a speaker connector, but some mobo's have it built in and its not needed.

This weird connector was in my accesoires from my case, what does it do and do I need to connect it?

20160915_103506.jpg

Its the squeeker can that makes the beep with the mobo doesn't post or does.

There is normally a speaker connector, but some mobo's have it built in and its not needed.

It's a speaker

It produces sound

On a more serious note, it gives you the POST beep, it would probably be best to have that in :) 

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

Where should it be located somewhere? I mean how is the header mostly called and where does it mostly sit?

if you can't see or don't have a fault code readout on your mobo i'd stick it in (connects with the front panel pins on the board). Otherwise probably don't need it. Beeps the fauly codes for you to look up when something doesnt work.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

It plugs into the motherboard on the bottom right where all the case cables plug into such as the USBs, the power LED etc.

It will just sit there.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

1 minute ago, BlueBreezer said:

Where should it be located somewhere? I mean how is the header mostly called and where does it mostly sit?

Usually it connects to the same pin out section where your HDD LED's etc connect. What motherboard do you have and I can find it for you and point it out where it would go. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card