UK Android pay now supports more major banks

Android Pay expands to NatWest, Royal Bank of Scotland, Ulster Bank and Santander

That means almost every major bank in the UK now supports Android pay apart from barclys and TSB

Tsb support is supposed to be coming this month. 

Source: http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/android-pay-expands-to-natwest-royal-bank-of-scotland-ulster-bank-and-santander-1328493

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

Awesome news ! mobile phone payment methods are so convenient, I use apple pay all the time

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Been using android pay since may. Super convenient and no confusion since no one here uses MST (swipe) payments so it's only ever contactless and chip or chip-only (rarely) terminals.

Data Scientist - MSc in Advanced CS, B.Eng in Computer Engineering

Im always either paying in cash or with a credit card, because paying with your phone just hasnt happened here yet.

Groomlake Authority

i like to uses this but idk if it is secure. what would happen if you lost your phone. ? do you call your bank up or can you remove it from a google website?

This bit caught my eyes

" Most other major UK banks, including Bank of Scotland, First Direct, Halifax, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, M&S Bank, MBNA and Nationwide Building Society have supported Android Pay since launch, so if you bank with any of them all you need is the app – and an Android phone with NFC and a newer version of the operating system."

How new then?

13 minutes ago, atrash said:

This bit caught my eyes

" Most other major UK banks, including Bank of Scotland, First Direct, Halifax, HSBC, Lloyds Bank, M&S Bank, MBNA and Nationwide Building Society have supported Android Pay since launch, so if you bank with any of them all you need is the app – and an Android phone with NFC and a newer version of the operating system."

How new then?

Device requirements

You'll need an Android phone running KitKat (version 4.4) or above. Your phone also needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation).

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

Been using Android Pay since June when Halifax informed me about it, it's so much easier than carrying your card everywhere plus it adds an extra security layer to contactless as you must unlock your phone before you can use it. 

Basically it's like have my contactless card protected by my fingerprint :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Let me guess Barclays isn't getting it yet?

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

I've had the app for ages but haven't been bothered with activating it, it requires me to phone up HSBC which is just effort.

10 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Barclays has the (equally good imo) BPay (it might also be integrated with the mobile banking app too)

4 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

No they won't be supporting Android Pay as they have made their own version called bPay

4 hours ago, Mug said:

I've had the app for ages but haven't been bothered with activating it, it requires me to phone up HSBC which is just effort.

Barclays has the (equally good imo) BPay (it might also be integrated with the mobile banking app too)

Is it as bad as the CCurrent (whatever it was called) thing?

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

Is it as bad as the CCurrent (whatever it was called) thing?

What's that?

5 hours ago, Mug said:

You sure? When I set mine up (Halifax) they rang me with a verification code which I had to enter. That was it. 

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

8 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

You sure? When I set mine up (Halifax) they rang me with a verification code which I had to enter. That was it. 

I'll try it again right now

59 minutes ago, Mug said:

What's that?

Whoops, it should actually be CurrentC not CCurrent. It's that QR based payment solution retailers in the US made. Wasn't great, it's basically almost dead by now:

http://arstechnica.co.uk/business/2016/06/currentc-closing-down-mobile-payments/

Pascal laptops guide

6 hours ago, Mug said:

I'll try it again right now

How'd it go? 

When I set up ApplePay with HSBC it was pretty easy and quick, didn't need to call them up or anything. Was kind of hoping it would be the same when I switch to Android

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

18 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

They've had it for over several months, I'm using it right now for my Nexus 6P lol

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

6 hours ago, o0Martin said:

How'd it go? 

When I set up ApplePay with HSBC it was pretty easy and quick, didn't need to call them up or anything. Was kind of hoping it would be the same when I switch to Android

Have to call them up :(

I'll do it on my lunch break or something

1 hour ago, alexyy said:

They've had it for over several months, I'm using it right now for my Nexus 6P lol

You sure? I remember some headline saying that Barclays isn't interested in supporting android pay.

Pascal laptops guide

1 hour ago, Castdeath97 said:

You sure? I remember some headline saying that Barclays isn't interested in supporting android pay.

my bad, you have to use their mobile banking app then set it up, it works just like android pay tho, kinda weird way of doing it but I suppose if you want to use contactless they'll assume you'll use their banking app.

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s