Help: EK Vardar F4-120ER or FF5-120? Also lower rpm performance?

Shadowman

EK Vardar F4-120ER (EXTENDED RANGE)

- Speed: 2200 rpm (+/- 10%)

- Max Air Flow: 77 CFM = 131 m³/h
- Static Pressure: 3.16mm H2O = 31 Pa
- Sleeved cable length: 300 mm
- Noise Level: 33.5 dBA

EK Vardar FF5-120

- Speed: 3000 rpm (+/- 10%)

- Max Air Flow: 107 CFM = 181 m³/h
- Static Pressure: 5.81mm H2O = 57 Pa
- Noise Level: 42 dBA

Am currently looking at the 2 fans mentioned above will be using them on a EK XE 480 radiator. I will obviously not be running them on full speed will be using  a fan controller most likely run them between 1700rpm - 2000rpm but also with 2200rpm & 3000rpm versions depending on which i go for  i will know i have the option to go much higher if needed.

Know my question in regards to lower rpm is  a tricky one and i can understand if no one can give me a answer as some proper testing needs to be done to know. The question is if both fans say run at 1800rpm which one would actually give a better airflow? The 3000rpm version has a static pressure of 5.81mm H20 and when bringing this down to 1800rpm am wondering would it match or even perform better then the 2200rpm version also running at 1800rpm? Because if no big difference then maybe the 3000rpm one makes more sense in getting. 

They're the same fan design and should perform the same at the same rpm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

EK Vardar F4-120ER (EXTENDED RANGE)

- Speed: 2200 rpm (+/- 10%)

- Max Air Flow: 77 CFM = 131 m³/h
- Static Pressure: 3.16mm H2O = 31 Pa
- Noise Level: 33.5 dBA

EK Vardar FF5-120

- Speed: 3000 rpm (+/- 10%)

- Max Air Flow: 107 CFM = 181 m³/h
- Static Pressure: 5.81mm H2O = 57 Pa
- Noise Level: 42 dBA

Am currently looking at the 2 fans mentioned above will be using them on a EK XE 480 radiator. I will obviously not be running them on full speed will be using  a fan controller most likely run them between 1700rpm - 2000rpm but also with 2200rpm & 3000rpm versions depending on which i go for  i will know i have the option to go much higher if needed.

Know my question in regards to lower rpm is  a tricky one and i can understand if no one can give me a answer as some proper testing needs to be done to know. The question is if both fans say run at 1800rpm which one would actually give a better airflow? The 3000rpm version has a static pressure of 5.81mm H20 and when bringing this down to 1800rpm am wondering would it match or even perform better then the 2200rpm version also running at 1800rpm? Because if no big difference then maybe the 3000rpm one makes more sense in getting. 

I've got 25 of the F4-120ER fans in my case and they are pretty fantastic if you ask me.  :D

Thanks to the "Extended Range", they are able to drop down to roughly 350 to 400 RPMs during system idle and are completely silent.  I'm talking dead silent.  I can hear that data passing through my SATA cables more than the 25 F4-120ER fans. 

I have a lot more radiator surface so the F4's at max speed are more than enough, but you may want to consider the F5's.  Be prepared for a slightly higher minimum speed and more noise on the top end, but you should be rewarded with more pressure and flow.

2 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

They're the same fan design and should perform the same at the same rpm.

So if i bought the 3000rpm down to 2200rpm it would have the same air flow, CFM  and  static pressure as the 2200rpm version?

Just now, Shadowman said:

So if i bought the 3000rpm down to 2200rpm it would have the same air flow, CFM  and  static pressure as the 2200rpm version?

Yes. They might sound slightly different if the internals have changed but performance will be the same.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

11 minutes ago, Shadowman said:

The F5 will also have a higher minimum speed, but to be honest, anything below 1,000 RPMs is pretty damn quiet on these fans.