Steam g2a gift refund

Padorkous
Go to solution Solved by G2A_Team,

Greetings,  

We apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. We understand the code was bought by mistake. Sadly, we are not able to refund a game once the key has been displayed and copied. In such situation, there is no possibility to prove to the seller the code will not be used in the future. Therefore we offer You reselling the code on G2A.com Marketplace.

Best regards,

Max G2A Team.

Hello guys! Recently i bought a game from g2a but because it was late at night i mistaken it for a different one (i wanted the h1z1: king of the kill and bought h1z1: just survive) because i am an idiot i bought it from a user not from g2a itself and received it as a gift is there any way that i can get a refund?

Thanks for your time?

Just now, Padorkous said:

Hello guys! Recently i bought a game from g2a but because it was late at night i mistaken it for a different one (i wanted the h1z1: king of the kill and bought h1z1: just survive) because i am an idiot i bought it from a user not from g2a itself and received it as a gift is there any way that i can get a refund?

Thanks for your time?

If you've redeemed the key, no. G2A will only offer refunds if the key doesn't work or is revoked.

Trade it with someone? I don't actually think you can get it refunded :/ (especially if you added it  to your library)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Coombzy said:

If you've redeemed the key, no. G2A will only offer refunds if the key doesn't work or is revoked.

so can i get a refund from steam (but it is a gift)

No, you can't get a refund on Steam for something somebody has gifted you.

No, because you didn't buy it (from Steam's perspective). It wouldn't be a refund, it would be them giving you money. 

Just now, Coombzy said:

No, you can't get a refund on Steam for something somebody has gifted you.

what if i contact the g2a shield support and ask them about the options i have, do i have a better chance to get something out of it?

what if i contact the g2a shield support and ask them about the options i have, do i have a better chance to get something out of it?

No, you've purchased and I assume activated the product. You have no support unless as I said before, your key is invalid or is revoked.

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Why would you expect a refund from Steam when they didn't sell it to you in the first place?

Best you can do now is sell the key to someone else.

i have already activated it

7 minutes ago, Padorkous said:

i have already activated it

Then you cannot get a refund, trade it or sell it anymore...you've just gotta pay another $20 for the version you were originally gonna buy :/ 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Greetings,  

We apologize for the inconvenience and misunderstanding. We understand the code was bought by mistake. Sadly, we are not able to refund a game once the key has been displayed and copied. In such situation, there is no possibility to prove to the seller the code will not be used in the future. Therefore we offer You reselling the code on G2A.com Marketplace.

Best regards,

Max G2A Team.