Link aggregation

I was wanted to know what you think about Link aggregation i keep seeing stuff that has it such as 

the StarTech Dual Port (PCIe x4) Gigabit Ethernet Server and Asus's RT-AC88U (AC3100 Dual-band Wi-Fi Gigabit Router). Can you really get 2Gbps on a wired connection with this? 

Yes and no, you can get up to 2Gbps of throughput if you have dual 1Gbps streams going at the same time since they will be load balanced but a single data stream or download will not pull 2Gbps across the network using link aggregation.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, thekilladro said:

ok thx man was wondering if it would help when im gaming 

Nah since it won't really do anything to reduce latency which is the big impact when gaming.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Games don't need high transfer speed, they need lower latency. Any tricks you may think of won't change your latency, because latency induced by the router is less than a couple of ms usually, the rest of the latency is between your router and the ISP and between ISP and the game server host.

Sometimes if you go with a "business grade" internet connection from the ISP, the ISP may route the data packets to their destination through fewer servers, or route the data packets around the world towards the game servers through higher performance (more expensive) fibers which could result in less latency (and more consistency, less fluctuations in latency and speed) compared to regular home connections.

see i have good ping its 8ms but once game animations start going off it hops to 30-50ms  guess thats the best i can do