So I recommended this for a friend...

derrickd241

Basically this guy is pretty book smart but he never built a computer before he asked me what he should do he was gonna get like a 1tb hybrid drive and a gtx 750 and I was like wait hold on how much you wanna spend? Hes like  about 650 to 700 so i built him one on pcpartpicker and this is what I came up with he wants to do some video editing or Autocad 3d type stuff so here's the link: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/tBKBLD

Does he need a monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? OS?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Just now, TheKDub said:

Does he need a monitor? Keyboard? Mouse? OS?

Said he was gonna take care of it so I was like well that's probably a better option than what he was gonna build so he bought all the parts on Amazon I watched him order them I just hope I did alright lol I've only built a couple computers

I actually suggested he wait till zen came out but he was determined to build one so kudos for having the money for it lol

4 minutes ago, derrickd241 said:

Said he was gonna take care of it so I was like well that's probably a better option than what he was gonna build so he bought all the parts on Amazon I watched him order them I just hope I did alright lol I've only built a couple computers

Well if it's already purchased, there's not a ton we can help with in terms of suggestions unless either he cancels the order or returns anything that he shouldn't have gotten.

he could have gone for an intel xeon, and compatible motherboard, give me a few mins and I'll update this post with a little better of a built.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Then I told him that if he wants to upgrade the cpu he's gonna have to replace the mobo and possibly the ram if it's ddr4 be still wanted too so whatever

He also bought a wifi card for like 30 bucks so that was on him if he wanted that or not

I guess we'll just let him deal with the fx-8350, a xeon and h97 mobo would end up taking it a little over budget.