Kaby Lake motherboards

Hi all, I'm after a bit of advice. 

I have been been planning my PC build with a gigabyte Z170x gaming 7 motherboard and i7 6700k. 

Now i think I will wait until the kaby lake cpus come out and get the 7700k instead and a z270 mobo. 

My question is, in your experience (I am new to all this) will gigabyte release the z270 gaming 7 version as soon as the kaby lake desktop cpus are available? Or will they release the low end boards first. There are so many boards available from each manufacturer that I find it hard to choose but after a while the gaming 7 seemed to fit my needs best, so I would like to just get the z270 version of it. 

Thanks for any advice. 

Love not hate

ive been thinking the exact same. i love the look of the gaming 7 board but do want to wait for a 200 series board.. just suck it up and wait imo

Main system:

i7 6700k @4.8ghz 1.45v

ROG Maximus Hero VIII

Gigabyte G1 980ti Sli @1500 ghz

Samsung 950 pro 512gb

16gb G.Skill Ripjawz V @3400mhz 

Corsair H115i 280mm AIO

Corsair 400c Case

Corsair RM1000i

Backup/Older/Toys:

Intel i3 6100 @4.6ghz 1.52v

Asrock B150M Pro4/Hyper

Intel 750 series 400gb

Radeon Rx 470 XFX

Thermaltake Water 3.0 360mm AIO 

inWin 303 case

AMD Phenom II x4 940 @3.9ghz 1.65v

Gigabyte 780g mobo

Corsair H100 240mm AIO

Corsair Dominiator 8gb DDR2 @1066

Evga GTX 750ti FTW @1450mhz

Thermaltake Matrix case (modded)

"The best way to look stylish on a budget is to try second-hand, bargain hunting, and vintage" 

Mid and top tier models are overall pretty fast released with new mobo's but can't guarantee ofcourse. However Kabylake is not around for a while.

So the question you should ask yourself now is why do I want to upgrade, and since I want to upgrade do I really need to upgrade?

If you run into troubles now, don't wait. Unless it comes within like a month orso, there is always something new on the horizon.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

1 minute ago, Gonio said:

Mid and top tier models are overall pretty fast released with new mobo's but can't guarantee ofcourse. However Kabylake is not around for a while.

So the question you should ask yourself now is why do I want to upgrade, and since I want to upgrade do I really need to upgrade?

If you run into troubles now, don't wait. Unless it comes within like a month orso, there is always something new on the horizon.

Newflash, Kabylake is shipping already to OEM partners and laptops are being sold with them soon... Kaby is right around the corner. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Thanks for the replies. For info though, this is not an upgrade it's a new build. And I am happy to wait a short (ish) time to get the right PC, as I've been planning since Spring anyway another month or two won't matter.  

Love not hate

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

We are talking desktop here if I am correct?

Yes, desktop

Love not hate

Well if you can wait for the newest stuff, maybe end of year but most likely 1st Q 2017 is an interesting time for you then. Maybe the prices of Intel and AMD clash if Zen performs well.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

Just now, Gonio said:

Well if you can wait for the newest stuff, maybe end of year but most likely 1st Q 2017 is an interesting time for you then. Maybe the prices of Intel and AMD clash if Zen performs well.

Yeah I agree, early 2017 looks like it could be an exciting time. I just don't know anything about mobo release cycles, Gigabyte in particular as, like @Rs2007god says, the gaming 7 is a really good looking board. 

Love not hate