Norway and Facebook clash over news censorship [Updated:FB backs down]

Sakkura
1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The only issue I have with this is if you are certain an algorithm triggered this and was responsible for the takedown, rather than have a human at least verify it (though that would defeat the purpose of automating your content filter anyway), you shouldn't bring up a huge world wide stink about it like this. It's an algorithm. It's a computer program. You expect an algorithm to understand subtle contexts and cues? I mean, it would be nice if computers were infallible and perfect and... oh wait, they are, it's just their human programmers aren't.

This isn't censorship if it's a misunderstanding.

Facebook was contacted about it-they still refused to put the posts back up, until recently

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 minute ago, Dabombinable said:

Facebook was contacted about it-they still refused to put the posts back up, until recently

It makes me wonder what they said because as far as Facebook was concerned, it was a picture of a nude underage girl which would spark a ton of controversy on the other side.

15 hours ago, Prysin said:

Norways largest news outlet

-> Aftenposten <-

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH*SNIP*

no. It's not the largest... it's the second or third largest by nearly 300k readers (in a 5.3m country)

Its not a total lie, They arent the largest news outlet on internett.

but they ARE the largest when it comes to newspaper.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

And in my opinion, Aftenposten it is one of the best Newspapers.

From Panama papers, to news about Surveillance laws in Norway (almost no other Norwegian new sites takes it that seriously) to more news from the middle east than other sites.

and most important, less crap news like "se what happened to this cyclist" or "what bed is the best"

Too bad the biggest news internet site in Norway do has so much shit on it like those examples and things like crap celebrity news.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

5 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

The bat bomb would have caused havoc BTW if it had been put into use-tests caused a lot of damage.

it did accidentally burn down a US air base :P

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

13 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

it did accidentally burn down a US air base :P

Wasn't that the case where they attached the incendiary devices to the bats, released them, and forgot that bats return to where they normally sleep to roost (thus setting the base on fire)?

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

10 hours ago, Fetzie said:

Wasn't that the case where they attached the incendiary devices to the bats, released them, and forgot that bats return to where they normally sleep to roost (thus setting the base on fire)?

yep

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>