First gaming PC budget of $2500 AUD

Indigenous Sid

Hey guys sorry if im missing any infomation but this is my first time posting a thread like this but i am looking for my first real gaming pc and i am looking to build it myself for the experience 

My Budget is $2500 AUD give or take 100 which is almost 2000 USD 

I am strictly after the PC/tower  becasue i have all the peripherals 

i have 

1x RGB k70

1x Deathadder Chroma 

1x 2015 Kraken Pro

1x Asus VE228

1x BenQ GL2240

I have made a PCPP list but of course its probably horrible cause im not too sure about parts 

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/HtHz6X

The price on the PCPP isnt too accurate as i am planning to buy the parts from Newegg unless you guys have a better website for me, if possible the rest of my build is a black and green so if we could try and keep to that colour scheme it would be great!

Thanks 

you don't need 32gb of ram, 16 is enough.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Hey man thanks for the reply looks pretty good im gonna keep on searching but thanks alot. 

Thanks Herman i understand that 16gb is enough for gaming but i also will be doing some video editing and rendering and thought it would be a safe option to go with 32gb 

48 minutes ago, Indigenous Sid said:

-snip-

A GTX 1080 for those monitors? That's serious overkill, grab something like a GTX1060 or RX480 and why buy overseas? When you factor in shipping costs it aint much cheaper than buying locally.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

39 minutes ago, vong said:

A GTX 1080 for those monitors? That's serious overkill, grab something like a GTX1060 or RX480 and why buy overseas? When you factor in shipping costs it aint much cheaper than buying locally.

yeah i am preparing because i will eventually upgrade monitors and i want to be ready, and do you think it would be cheaper locally? 

If that is the situation you could also consider the x99 platform with an 6800K, but depends on your prefference. It is a trade off but extra cores could help with rendering faster maybe. However if it only is situational would stick with Z170 platform with the 6700K. Has way more punch for gaming, what you probably do more then rendering. Is still HT so 8 threads but a decent higher standard clockspeed, let alone if you want to OC.

The above I would recommend. Overall nice build and certainly nothing wrong with it, but the following are just some pointers that can save you some money, could be an different suitable option or that isn't really required for your setup.

Think that 16GB RAM is also good enough instead of the 32GB with the situation mentioned from above.

The 1080 is not needed for your screen setup, a 1070 will also do the trick if you want to save money for something else.

You already have an case in mind or have one? The cooler is a good top down relative small cooler, but there are similar priced options out there that perform even better. But they are bigger and require that your case has more CPU cooler height. But might not be possible if your case has a height restriction. For the case the Coolermaster Mastercase Maker 5 is a real nice case with very good results. It costs a bit, but it brings some already very good standard features like led and fan control. Think the standard color delivered is red light, but you can swap and add extra strips for your green/black build. Ofcourse your mobo is already black/red, but consider the MSI  Z170A gaming pro Carbon. It has RGB lighting that should suit your need. It is a good board that has all essential stuff anyway. Both boards have pro's and cons in terms off specs, so it's up to you what you prefer.

Some other points where you can save some money is PSU, could go for something in the 500-650W range. Even if you have an 1080 that would be more then plenty. Your parts ain't that powerhungry.

The SSD doesn't need to be  a pro. You can also go with the normal 850 or even the 750. In realworld use you will probably hardly notice the difference.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

2 minutes ago, Gonio said:

If that is the situation you could also consider the x99 platform with an 6800K, but depends on your prefference. It is a trade off but extra cores could help with rendering faster maybe. However if it only is situational would stick with Z170 platform with the 6700K. Has way more punch for gaming, what you probably do more then rendering. Is still HT so 8 threads but a decent higher standard clockspeed, let alone if you want to OC.

The above I would recommend. Overall nice build and certainly nothing wrong with it, but the following are just some pointers that can save you some money, could be an different suitable option or that isn't really required for your setup.

Think that 16GB RAM is also good enough instead of the 32GB with the situation mentioned from above.

The 1080 is not needed for your screen setup, a 1070 will also do the trick if you want to save money for something else.

You already have an case in mind or have one? The cooler is a good top down relative small cooler, but there are similar priced options out there that perform even better. But they are bigger and require that your case has more CPU cooler height. But might not be possible if your case has a height restriction. For the case the Coolermaster Mastercase Maker 5 is a real nice case with very good results. It costs a bit, but it brings some already very good standard features like led and fan control. Think the standard color delivered is red light, but you can swap and add extra strips for your green/black build. Ofcourse your mobo is already black/red, but consider the MSI  Z170A gaming pro Carbon. It has RGB lighting that should suit your need. It is a good board that has all essential stuff anyway. Both boards have pro's and cons in terms off specs, so it's up to you what you prefer.

Some other points where you can save some money is PSU, could go for something in the 500-650W range. Even if you have an 1080 that would be more then plenty. Your parts ain't that powerhungry.

The SSD doesn't need to be  a pro. You can also go with the normal 850 or even the 750. In realworld use you will probably hardly notice the difference.

Mine was a quick selection. I was just trying to provide the best for what I had time to pick out.

O I havn't looked are you build mate, was responding to the OP's one :) Like you am just give some pointers.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list

13 minutes ago, Gonio said:

Wow man that was a really helpful answer i appreciate it alot, and with the 1070 what "version" would you recommand cause i understand there is the FE, the seahawk,FTW editon etc. 

Please buy your parts overseas. I live in Australia to and buying parts here is a mistake. With a slightly higher budget that what's on you original list you can get a dual 1080 system from the US, or the same system for a lot cheaper... For example (in USD, it's about $3000 AUD):

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yyht7h
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Yyht7h/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($324.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($96.99 @ Best Buy) 
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($204.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($157.30 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($629.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Case: NZXT S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Total: $2381.22
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-09 08:43 EDT-0400

No, there is no signatute here, deal with it.

17 minutes ago, Vlku272 said:

Please buy your parts overseas. I live in Australia to and buying parts here is a mistake. With a slightly higher budget that what's on you original list you can get a dual 1080 system from the US, or the same system for a lot cheaper... For example (in USD, it's about $3000 AUD):

Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($204.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($164.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($157.30 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz) 

yea true alot of people earlier telling me 1080 was to much, nah lets get two xD

Nothing is simply too much. Its probably better to spend more now, and not have to buy too much for a longer period of time. Make it more future resistant. 

Just now, Vlku272 said:

Nothing is simply too much. Its probably better to spend more now, and not have to buy too much for a longer period of time. Make it more future resistant. 

yeah thats what i was thinking because may as well only have to upgrade my monitors and not my system 

5 minutes ago, Indigenous Sid said:

yeah thats what i was thinking because may as well only have to upgrade my monitors and not my system 

It's also more convenient not having to open up you system as much :)

10 minutes ago, Vlku272 said:

It's also more convenient not having to open up you system as much :)

Also do you think just the SSD is enough? or am i gonna need to invest in a HDD as well?

6 minutes ago, Indigenous Sid said:

Also do you think just the SSD is enough? or am i gonna need to invest in a HDD as well?

Same SSD I'm using and I have only used about half the space a year and a half later, a HDD can be installed later if you need more in the long run. 

Just now, Vlku272 said:

Same SSD I'm using and I have only used about half the space a year and a half later, a HDD can be installed later if you need more in the long run. 

Alright sweet also super biiz is sold out of  Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX what card should i use instead? or just wait for more stock

13 minutes ago, Indigenous Sid said:

Alright sweet also super biiz is sold out of  Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX what card should i use instead? or just wait for more stock

You'll get similar performance out of 1080s no matter which ones you get but generally the more money you put into them the better performance you'll get, if your going SLI remember to get a high bandwidth bridge for them. If I'm honest I only picked those 1080s the match the build so it's really up to you. 

1 hour ago, Vlku272 said:

You didn't include shipping and customs fees to ship from the USA to Australia.

Why didn't you include those costs into the final build cost?

Buzzsaw - I'm Buzzsaw and you're not.

CPU -- Intel Core i7 7740X @ 4.30GHz Kaby Lake 14nm Technology * RAM -- 16.0 GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1466MHz (15-16-16-35)
Motherboard -- ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. TUF X299 MARK 2 (LGA 2066 R4) * 
Graphics -- SAMSUNG (1920x1080@59Hz) -- 4096 MB ATI Radeon RX 560 Series 
Storage -- 223 GB SanDisk Ultra II 240GB (SSD) -- 256 GB Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 (SSD) -- 931 GB Western Digital WDC WD10EZEX-00BN5A0 (SATA) -- 2794 GB BUFFALO External HDD USB Device
Optical Drives -- ASUS DRW-24B1ST * Audio -- Realtek High Definition Audio

3 hours ago, Indigenous Sid said:

yeah i am preparing because i will eventually upgrade monitors and i want to be ready, and do you think it would be cheaper locally? 

Buying overseas might be a bit cheaper but there's a huge trade off (imo), that trade off being warranty work. Wouldn't it suck to have a doa part and have to send it back to the US and wait 4+ weeks to recieve another one? Have you seen shipping prices? I bought 7 fans from the US and that cost me like $40 to ship.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

If you gonna do some editing and rendering you need the HDD for your videos. A 250GB SSD is filled up soon, add some games and other stuff and your cramped. As for the 1070 series EVGA, MSI and Asus are overall good options.

Same goes for the 1080's but would still not recommend that. As for future proofing, it also depends on what you mean by upgrading your screens. But the 1070 is good enough to run anything now, and by the time you would really need to upgrade because it lacks power there are newer and better solutions out then that doens't cost as much as 1080's. And SLI? Avoid that, since it can actually make things worse and less smooth even if it scales and is supported. Max FPS alone isn't what you need. Single card performance is the better way to go unless you would already have the best of the best what isn't enough.

As for shiping or buying local I can't tell. rember that shping cost come on top of it. So calculate what is best

Basic PC parts guide

PSU Tier list