Extreme Budget at $300 Tax Included

1. Budget & Location

$300 with tax in Ontario, Canada, so that is maximum of $265.48 before taxes.

2. Aim

I am not a gamer, so even the built-in graphics in Intel chips is good enough for me, however, here are the requirements:

1. I need to use this computer for coding in Arduino;

2. I play League of Legends sometimes, not that often, but probably twice a week;

3. The tower must be slim so that I can put it on the desk, and hook my megaboard to the PC so I can work on it.

3. Monitors

I already have 1, and I don't plan to buy more because it's gonna be a waste for me...

4. Peripherals

Do not need to purchase.

5. Reason for planning this:

It is possible for me to just use my laptop as the main computer and do the aims I listed above, however, I need to bring my laptop pretty much everywhere I go, and have it hooked up and unhook it sometimes really bothers me, with a stand alone PC, I can have more space on the desk and at the same time it looks a lot more cleaner.

12 hours ago, OneLeafyLeague said:

1. Budget & Location

$300 with tax in Ontario, Canada, so that is maximum of $265.48 before taxes.

2. Aim

I am not a gamer, so even the built-in graphics in Intel chips is good enough for me, however, here are the requirements:

1. I need to use this computer for coding in Arduino;

2. I play League of Legends sometimes, not that often, but probably twice a week;

3. The tower must be slim so that I can put it on the desk, and hook my megaboard to the PC so I can work on it.

3. Monitors

I already have 1, and I don't plan to buy more because it's gonna be a waste for me...

4. Peripherals

Do not need to purchase.

5. Reason for planning this:

It is possible for me to just use my laptop as the main computer and do the aims I listed above, however, I need to bring my laptop pretty much everywhere I go, and have it hooked up and unhook it sometimes really bothers me, with a stand alone PC, I can have more space on the desk and at the same time it looks a lot more cleaner.

want me to make u one

MF UH BEANS

11 hours ago, OneLeafyLeague said:

Did I forget to ask you guys plan it for me? Plan it for me! Thanks guys.

k i almost got one rduy

MF UH BEANS

Did I forget to ask you guys plan it for me? Plan it for me! Thanks guys.

k i know this is a bit above ur price range (idk how canada money compares to us, but go on ebay to find some of the parts i chose and u can find em cheap, cheap enough to even get an gpu maybe, ebay is an used part paradise, but here is the build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fKmqRG

MF UH BEANS

Just now, aries757 said:

k i know this is a bit above ur price range (idk how canada money compares to us, but go on ebay to find some of the parts i chose and u can find em cheap, cheap enough to even get an gpu maybe, ebay is an used part paradise, but here is the build http://pcpartpicker.com/list/fKmqRG

1 USD = 1.29 CAD, I do want new parts though, ah I forgot to list it on there again didn't I? (I know it's gonna suck but I don't really care...)

1 USD = 1.29 CAD, I do want new parts though, ah I forgot to list it on there again didn't I? (I know it's gonna suck but I don't really care...)

well the build i put together is a  not to bad build, go to tech sources channel, he may have an 300 dollar buid

MF UH BEANS

Just now, aries757 said:

well the build i put together is a  not to bad build, go to tech sources channel, he may have an 300 dollar buid

Yea but his is 300 USD which is like 387 CAD and after tax it's like 437.31 CAD which is 137.31 CAD above my budget...

Yea but his is 300 USD which is like 387 CAD and after tax it's like 437.31 CAD which is 137.31 CAD above my budget...

oi, can u paste an canada pcpartpicker link so i can do it in canada moneh

MF UH BEANS

Just now, aries757 said:

oi, can u paste an canada pcpartpicker link so i can do it in canada moneh

ca.pcpartpicker.com thanks.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/x6Hh3F thiis build isnt beautiful, but is in ur budget, and yu cant worry about aesthetics with that price point, but if u wan to use the usb headers on the case get an usb 3.0 to usb 2.0 header adapter http://www.moddiy.com/products/USB-2.0-to-USB-3.0-Internal-Adapter-Cable-(9pin-to-19pin).html?gclid=CjwKEAjwmMS-BRCm5dn51JLbp1wSJACc61tFZjGQ77Epny3MdXhSwb6rGujiT83F0AZeM5O7rPptzhoC5DLw_wcB

MF UH BEANS

Wouldn't be a bad idea for you to look on Ebay/Craigslist, buy an old Dell system with an Intel Core and buy yourself a GTX 750ti. That little baby will be kicking for years. You can find some for under $100 and you can probably play league >60FPS at 1080p, if you're interested, I could find links for you, or I assume you can do it yourself.

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

13 hours ago, ministrsinister said:

Wouldn't be a bad idea for you to look on Ebay/Craigslist, buy an old Dell system with an Intel Core and buy yourself a GTX 750ti. That little baby will be kicking for years. You can find some for under $100 and you can probably play league >60FPS at 1080p, if you're interested, I could find links for you, or I assume you can do it yourself.

xD that quote 

MF UH BEANS

6 hours ago, OneLeafyLeague said:

However I don't think 750 Ti comes with a low profile bracket or does it?

I mean, it depends. The 750 Ti from Zotac likely comes with one, but make sure to just look at the product details before you buy. I would suggest a Midtower Optiplex such as this: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~AcAAOSwdIFXyp0b/s-l1600.jpg (terrible image but yeah, midtower) I suggest the Dell Optiplex 9010. Decent quad core, can find it for around 150-200 USD 

"I did it once... I can do it again! That's why I have two children" - Linus 2k15

1 minute ago, ministrsinister said:

I mean, it depends. The 750 Ti from Zotac likely comes with one, but make sure to just look at the product details before you buy. I would suggest a Midtower Optiplex such as this: http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~AcAAOSwdIFXyp0b/s-l1600.jpg (terrible image but yeah, midtower) I suggest the Dell Optiplex 9010. Decent quad core, can find it for around 150-200 USD 

However, this topic clearly says the budget is 300 CAD instead of USD, and I did try to find a desktop on kijiji that actually fit my need, non of them really fits. And I have said this over and over again: the case has to be slim, so Mid-tower in your suggestion will not work for me at all.

K, you know what, let's stop it here, cuz plan has changed. I am working on another challenge, which is challenged by my room mate, for building a PC from scratch, and get all the parts from a E-Waste Bin. I will post another post in the forum and we can discuss over there.

2 minutes ago, OneLeafyLeague said:

However, this topic clearly says the budget is 300 CAD instead of USD, and I did try to find a desktop on kijiji that actually fit my need, non of them really fits. And I have said this over and over again: the case has to be slim, so Mid-tower in your suggestion will not work for me at all.

Sorry about that, forgot about you needing a slim case. But also, 150-200 USD = 196-260 CAD. Does technically sit in your budget! Though it depends on how much you'd buy the system used for.

If you managed to snatch a used system for about 150-200 CAD, which is possible to find, you can throw in a graphics card, maybe even an SSD and call it a day.

2 minutes ago, OneLeafyLeague said:

K, you know what, let's stop it here, cuz plan has changed. I am working on another challenge, which is challenged by my room mate, for building a PC from scratch, and get all the parts from a E-Waste Bin. I will post another post in the forum and we can discuss over there.

I thought you legit needed help choosing a PC? This was just a challenge?

Well, okay then o.O