I have a question Mods.

SteepGnomeKing

@Glenwing

@Dim

@Slick

I has sent you messages asking you a question that have not been answered. You will probably close this even though it's in off-topic. Why are posts being deleted and closed with no reason what-so-ever.

I had a post saying more mods should be added and it was closed. WTF is up with that. Why was that closed.

This is why I want more mods.

You are closing forums even though they are not against the CoC, but just because you want to. For some reason you are getting butt-hurt and abusing your powers.

I have sent many reports that have not been answered or dealt with so what is the point. Have given suggestions that don't get answered just deleted. Isn't the point of this to be a community forum? Not a what mods want forum.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Okay, if you have an issue with a moderator, contact @Slick privately.

Reported, and get ready for some disciplinary action.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Because they are the heroes mods Gotham we deserve, but not the ones we need.

batman+smiley.jpg

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Your post was "Wooo No Mods ONLINE". For obvious reasons, this was removed.

Please PM me - I have received no PM from you and respond to every PM I receive.

These are the reasons we don't approve of discussion regarding issues in staff - PM Slick or myself if you have a problem.

Unfortunately this thread violates CoC.... <_<

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

i didnt get to see the reply on that thread because it got closed will someone please tell me what happen with a mod?

The mods operate by Linus and Slick's permission. If you have a real problem, perhaps taking it up with them would be more productive than an off-topic post?

i didnt get to see the reply on that thread because it got closed will someone please tell me what happen with a mod?

The post was just a screenshot of all the users currently online and just said we need more mods.

The post was just a screenshot of all the users currently online and just said we need more mods.

no i saw that someone said something happened with a mod like they did something bad or something i want to know what they did.

What I don't understand is, if a thread gets locked or deleted, you aren't in trouble generally.  Why people complain about it is beyond me.  If it's against the CoC they will delete/lock it and move on, be glad you don't get disciplined over it.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

What I don't understand is, if a thread gets locked or deleted, you aren't in trouble generally.  Why people complain about it is beyond me.  If it's against the CoC they will delete/lock it and move on, be glad you don't get disciplined over it.

My main concern with this is you don't get told why or how it was against the CoC. So you don't learn not to do it again.

Like Dim said "Your post was "Wooo No Mods ONLINE". For obvious reasons, this was removed." 

What does that mean? I posted asking for more mods to be on the forum because we have to many members to mods ratio. There is another post saying mods offline post a potato yet that is still up.

I don't understand why some are deleted and some are still up that is the point of this forum.

I can tell people to post a potato but can't ask for more mods? Why is that allowed? That's what I want to know.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

no i saw that someone said something happened with a mod like they did something bad or something i want to know what they did.

Sorry, I only saw it when he posted and had a few comments, didn't see anyone get in trouble or do something wrong.

You didn't get a reply from me because you created this thread 10 minutes after sending me a PM.

Your thread basically is a message for Slick, who manages the mod team, and there is no reason for it to be here on the public forum.  If you think there should be more mods that's great but that has basically nothing to do with anyone except the mod team and forum management, and posting in the public forum is pretty much pointless.  It doesn't involve anyone here.

We delete and lock threads which we feel do not contribute to the forum all the time. We generally do not give disciplinary action to the OP or participants of the thread as previously stated. If we did that it would likely cause a lot of unwarranted suspensions. 

That being said, this thread does violate the terms of service and will be locked. If you have a problem with forum moderation you can PM slick or myself and we'd be happy to tell you why your post was non-contributing or otherwise against the terms of service in some obvious way.

<p><a data-ipb="nomediaparse" style="text-decoration:none;!important" href="https://twitter.com/MrWizardLTT"><span style="color:#99ccff;">@MrWizardLTT</span></a>

Regarding reports that don't get addressed - not every report we receive is considered by us to need disciplinary action.

For instance, we got a report about a post recently which was not removed. This doesn't mean that your report was not considered, nor that your help is unappreciated, but that the post was not deemed to be harmful to the forum.

The CoC should not be considered as biblical - it is always incomplete. Some things that are not explicitly mentioned on the CoC will still get moderated. Some things that are on the CoC will not get moderated. It depends very much on context and the situation at hand.

Even if I'm not online, I may be able to moderate. Please don't refrain from reporting content if it needs reporting just because I'm not online - all reports get pushed to my phone. If I have internet access I will try to deal with it.

No moderator has done anything that would require them to be stripped of moderation status.

Generally, yes. A locked topic can also mean that disciplinary action is pending. Either way, creating a new topic about moderation is not a good idea.

Again, PM myself or Slick if you have any issues with moderation or with a disciplinary action you believe I have made that was unfair or unjust.