[CLOSED] I NEED HELP FOR MY FIRST EVER PC BUILD!

That's quite an old processor and I think many things out preform it. You should maybe go with some intel chip, something from the haswell line. But its still a good looking build despite the processor choice.

I wouldn't go for a 6300 with your budget. You can get a cheaper SSD and use the money to buy a better cpu. I think you want to game with it (because of the 470), and at this moment I think a Skylake i3 can outperform a 6300 in-game.

Get an i3 6100 and a SanDisk 480 Gig Ultra II instead of the 6300 and the 2 drives.

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

2 minutes ago, ItsTheDEMON1997 said:

I wouldn't go for a 6300 with your budget. You can get a cheaper SSD and use the money to buy a better cpu. I think you want to game with it (because of the 470), and at this moment I think a Skylake i3 can outperform a 6300 in-game.

Okay, can you give me a recommendation on the SSD, and CPU?

6 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

What's your typical workload?

If you don't plan on buying second stick later, 2x 4GB will give you better performance than 1x 8GB.

Just saving 20 min videos, with sony vegas pro 13, and playing alot of games.

I plan on upgrading that's why I chose 1x8GB.

6 minutes ago, prestonthepilot said:

you can buy windows 10 off of kinguin for like 30 bucks

I know that, I will do that.

1 minute ago, TheVideosChannel said:

Just saving 20 min videos, with sony vegas pro 13, and playing alot of games.

I plan on upgrading that's why I chose 1x8GB.

Well there are 4 slots on your typical mobo so you still might consider 2x 4GB instead of 1x 8GB.

Apart from that if you're content creator then I'm not sure I agree with the change of CPU some people suggested since you might actually benefit from more cores.

4 minutes ago, TheVideosChannel said:

Okay, can you give me a recommendation on the SSD, and CPU?

As I said, get the i3-6300 for CPU and SanDisk 480GB Ultra II to replace the 2 drives you have.

Cheers and Happy Building!

i5-8600K -  Asus Strix Z370E - Asus GTX 1060 Strix - EVGA 650W P2 - Samsung 970 Pro 500GB - G.Skill TridentZ 16GB

The Samsung 850 Pro SSD is one of the best, but also one of the most expensive ones. It's safe to say you won't feel the difference with a 850 Evo, a Sandisk Ultra II or a Crucial MX200.

Ditch the CD writer unless you plan to use it every week or more, ditch the hard drive and try to get a 500GB min SSD

[Insert smart comment here]

2 minutes ago, Verrierr said:

Well there are 4 slots on your typical mobo so you still might consider 2x 4GB instead of 1x 8GB.

Apart from that if you're content creator then I'm not sure I agree with the change of CPU some people suggested since you might actually benefit from more cores.

I want 32GB so that's why I want 1x8GB.

And I agree that the i3-6300 will not be good because I am a content creator.

If you are looking at a budget, I'd also skip out on the ROM drive unless you want to play/burn/copy DVDs or CDs to give a bit more room elsewhere. Get a digital copy of the OS from microsoft and format a small 4GB USB with it to install from instead.

I was going to say also drop the heatsink also to cut more room for other items but looking over the reviews the stock heatsink is supposedly crap if you want to run it hard and keep temps relatively lower. If you are only going to run stock speeds though may be fine. Also you can run stock at first then if it does run too hot get a better heatsink later.

Also, unless you plan to run on open air off the motherboard box, where's your case? :)

2 minutes ago, koreangeekman said:

If you are looking at a budget, I'd also skip out on the ROM drive unless you want to play/burn/copy DVDs or CDs to give a bit more room elsewhere. Get a digital copy of the OS from microsoft and format a small 4GB USB with it to install from instead.

I was going to say also drop the heatsink also to cut more room for other items but looking over the reviews the stock heatsink is supposedly crap if you want to run it hard and keep temps relatively lower. If you are only going to run stock speeds though may be fine. Also you can run stock at first then if it does run too hot get a better heatsink later.

Also, unless you plan to run on open air off the motherboard box, where's your case? :)

Case: 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IT0TDY6?psc=1

Also I do use CD/DVD's alot.

2 minutes ago, TheVideosChannel said:

Should I go with the AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processo. I think it gives alot better performence.

To check but I kinda remembers it as a power-hungry processor, with low performance/watt ratio

For the heatsink, unless you plan on buying a low-profile case, get a bigger one. I recommand the Cooler Master Hyper 212 evo (great price) or a BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3 if you want something better and silent.

As for the 32 GB RAM, being a "just for fun" content creator, I honestly didn't felt the difference between 8, 16 and 32 GB of RAM under Premiere or Final Cut, so...

[Insert smart comment here]

1 minute ago, ItsTheDEMON1997 said:

It depends, in-game a i3-6100 will be better but there are other scenario's where a FX-8350 will be better.

I want it because I create videos.

I think that's pretty much it for my build.

Thanks for all the inspiration you guys gave me!

18 minutes ago, TheVideosChannel said:

I think that's pretty much it for my build.

Thanks for all the inspiration you guys gave me!

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($252.99 @ SuperBiiz)  <<Shits all over any FX CPU
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($30.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 470 4GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($194.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($92.19 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: Kingwin CF-012LBR 40.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($3.98 @ OutletPC)  <<Front intake
Case Fan: Kingwin CF-012LBR 40.0 CFM  120mm Fan  ($3.98 @ OutletPC)  <<Front intake
Total: $771.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-07 18:56 EDT-0400

Don't buy that Samsung Pro SSD for a boot drive, wtf are you thinking?  I left the freaking SSD out because you budget is better spent elsewhere.

32 minutes ago, stconquest said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($252.99 @ SuperBiiz)  <<Shits all over any FX CPU
Motherboard: ASRock H97M Anniversary Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($64.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Mushkin ECO2 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($30.88 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($47.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 470 4GB Red Dragon Video Card  ($194.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Thermaltake Versa H15 MicroATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($92.19 @ Amazon)
Total: $771.46
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-09-07 18:56 EDT-0400

Don't buy that Samsung Pro SSD for a boot drive, wtf are you thinking?  I left the freaking SSD out because you budget is better spent elsewhere.

Thanks for showing me your build!

However I would like a 8 core CPU, other than that your build is perfect.

Thanks alot!

Just now, TheVideosChannel said:

Thanks for showing me your build!

However I would like a 8 core CPU, other than that your build is perfect.

Thanks alot!

The Xeon has hyper threading.  It will beat any 8 core AMD CPU.

Just now, stconquest said:

The Xeon has hyper threading.  It will beat any 8 core AMD CPU.

Oh okay.

5 minutes ago, TheVideosChannel said:

Oh okay.

I picked the Xeon for that very reason.  Otherwise I would have gone for the i5 6500/DDR4.  With AMD CPUs you need to overclock to even start closing the performance gap when comparing them to Intel CPUS.

To overclock, you need a motherboard that has a good VRM.  I think the cheapest capable board is around $75.  Then you need a CPU cooler, $30.  Then you need a slightly bigger PSU.  Then you need to OC it, and after all is said and done... a quad core with Hyper Threading (i7/Xeon) still wins at stock speed.

Intel CPUs have architectural advantages that make them faster at the same clock speed when compared to AMD CPUS.  I am talking 30%-40% faster when both CPUS are running at the same speed.