Should I build a PC or not?

Hello guys and gals!

I don't have a good PC now (Laptop, Crysis(1), 800x600, low settings, 40FPS)

I wanted to build a PC from almost a year, I didn't have enough money (Didn't want to ask my parents for money), so I saved all my pocket money etc... and now I have enough money to build a PC.

But,.........

I'm in senior secondary school now and I have no idea about what will happen after two years. Whether I will be able to use the PC or not!?

I've never built PC's before, so I'll be really happy and proud if I build one.

So my question is-  Should I build a PC? It is worth? (If I can't use it after 2 years)?

Thanks in advance! 

What is your budget? 

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Hi.

If u haven't built a PC yet, then this is a good time to do so. Go on :-) . and I think you will be building a gaming PC and u can do so with any budget. 

5 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

What is your budget? 

₹50000

Edit: Don't convert it directly to dollars (Cause: Shipping and import tax)

1 minute ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

₹50000

Hmm... So that's like $780 USD? That's a very good starting budget.

9 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Hmm... So that's like $780 USD? That's a very good starting budget.

All I can get for that here is a core i3-6100 and a GTX950 rig

(I edited the previous reply, regarding tax and other costs)

Just now, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

All I can get for that here is a core i3-6100 and a GTX950

... Man, that sucks. I had no idea India was like that. Well... Honestly that is a lot of money for such low end parts. I would just save more. That's not worth it.

1 minute ago, Orangeator said:

... Man, that sucks. I had no idea India was like that. Well... Honestly that is a lot of money for such low end parts. I would just save more. That's not worth it.

When I read posts like "$500 for a budget build" I was amazed, until I actually made a list of all the parts and prices.

And this build with parts from Amazon would cost ₹65000, luckily we have some pretty good (Certified) local stores which offer a lower price. But still, we just can't eliminate tax and other costs.

2 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

When I read posts like "$500 for a budget build" I was amazed, until I actually made a list of all the parts and prices.

And this build with parts from Amazon would cost ₹65000, luckily we have some pretty good (Certified) local stores which offer a lower price. But still, we just can't eliminate tax and other costs.

well u could wait for zen and then go with a quad core. If you want future proofing i would say go with a quad-core and if india is anything like pakistan i would say u cant go Polaris?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

well u could wait for zen and then go with a quad core. If you want future proofing i would say go with a quad-core and if india is anything like pakistan i would say u cant go Polaris?

I don't know about prices in Pakistan, I think it might be a bit different,

I was able to get this in my budget - http://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/xRhwcc

I can replace the 950 with a 460 , or maybe even a 1050 (If released)

I don't know about prices in Pakistan, I think it might be a bit different,

I was able to get this in my budget - http://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/xRhwcc

I can replace the 950 with a 460 , or maybe even a 1050 (If released)

nope the 950 is better i was saying like 470 and shit.

Skip the cpu cooler, the cpu already comes with 1.

http://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/Pwwwcc

1 tb harddrive would be like 500rs more expensive

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

nope the 950 is better i was saying like 470 and shit.

Skip the cpu cooler, the cpu already comes with 1.

http://in.pcpartpicker.com/list/Pwwwcc

1 tb harddrive would be like 500rs more expensive

Okay, By the way, can that i3 CPU be overclocked? With that motherboard?

18 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

first u don't need a cpu cooler for i3 6100 as it comes with a cooler 

second for ₹50,000 inr u can get this buy from physical stores near your area ....

1) monitor is about 9k so that leaves you with 41k

2)for 41k  

=> Cpu - i3 6100  8k

=> h110 motherboard  4k

=> 8gb ram ddr4  2.6k 

=> hard disk 1tb Western digital blue 3.5k

=> power supply antec bp 450w about 3k can get for lower even.

=> case don't buy anything above 3k in that budget

=> leaves u with 17k for gpu if u can find rx 470 4gb not the reference card or rx 480 4gb then go with it or wait of gtx 1050.

1 minute ago, Tim Serious said:

second for ₹50,000 inr u can get this buy from physical stores near your area ....

2)for 41k  

=> Cpu - i3 6100  8k

=> h110 motherboard  4k

=> 8gb ram ddr4  2.6k 

=> case don't anything above 3k in that budget

=> leaves u with 17k for gpu if u can find rx 470 4gb not the reference card or rx 480 4gb then go with it or wait of gtx 1050.

yeah 17k seems reasonable for the 470

Build

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

(If I can't use it after 2 years)?

Why would you not be able to use it?

This is what he got from a specific shop at a specific time but I feel the big takeaway is that you do not need a powerhouse PC to run (perhaps not high end) games at reasonable frame rates .

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

2 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

2)for 41k  

=> Cpu - i3 6100  8k

=> h110 motherboard  4k

=> 8gb ram ddr4  2.6k 

=> case don't anything above 3k in that budget

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

yeah 17k seems reasonable for the 470

Thanks guys!

and......

I don't have a keyboard, so then should I go with membrane?

Oooh yes actually this might help. FIne tune it to india tho. this will be fine

Build

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Okay, By the way, can that i3 CPU be overclocked? With that motherboard?

no, none of i3 can be overclocked ... so you don't need a motherboard that support overclocking as they cost more like ₹7k more than h110 motherboard.

This is the main problem here in India. Here a gtx 1060 6gb version cost less than an Rx 480. I don't know how? 

Anyways 50,000 rupees is a good starting point. For CPU get an AMD FX 8350. It's old but a decent performer and a good overclocker too, though at the cost of high TDP, and those extra core will be an advantage for upcoming dx12 titles. For motherboard any any am3+ motherboard will work buy go with MSI gaming 970  motherboard for over clocking and some good audio and features and multi gpu support. And pair the processor with a zotac gtx 1060 6gb mini  (not 3gb for future proofing) which is one of the cheapest gtx 1060 in India and packs enough power to game even at 1440p with high to max setting at almost all modern title. You can also go with an Rx480 or even an rx470 if u want to have crossfire later as gtx 1060 does not support sli unfortunately. And 8gb of ram would be enough for any game today but 16gb would be better as games like black ops 3 eats up a lot of ram if available. With these core components you will be able to play any title at 1080p or 1440p at decent frame rates and frame times. This build does not include monitor or other peripherals as u can use the old one that you have already. And you need not to buy a high resolution monitor as u can use nvdia DSR or AMD vsr for gaming at higher resolution than ur monitor would allow..... 

Thanks guys!

and......

I don't have a keyboard, so then should I go with membrane?

one a budget yes. i have the cm storm devastor. it is in my sig

Build

Spoiler

Go with membrane, it will be fine, unless u are a hardcore enthusiast

1 minute ago, soup said:

Why would you not be able to use it?

I don't know where I'll be continuing my studies after my senior secondary is completed, in a different city, state, whether I'll have to stay in the campus itself. So I don't know whether I'll be able to use it later.  

5 minutes ago, Anir said:

This is the main problem here in India. Here a gtx 1060 6gb version cost less than an Rx 480. I don't know how? 

Anyways 50,000 rupees is a good starting point. For CPU get an AMD FX 8350. It's old but a decent performer and a good overclocker too, though at the cost of high TDP, and those extra core will be an advantage for upcoming dx12 titles. For motherboard any any am3+ motherboard will work buy go with MSI gaming 970  motherboard for over clocking and some good audio and features and multi gpu support. And pair the processor with a zotac gtx 1060 6gb (not 3gb for future proofing) which is one of the cheapest gtx 1060 in India and packs enough power to game even at 1440p with high to max setting at almost all modern title. You can also go with an Rx480 or even an rx470 if u want to have crossfire later as gtx 1060 does not support sli unfortunately. And 8gb of ram would be enough for any game today but 16gb would be better as games like black ops 3 eats up a lot of ram if available. With these core components you will be able to play any title at 1080p or 1440p at decent frame rates and frame times. This build does not include monitor or other peripherals as u can use the old one that you have already. And you need not to buy a high resolution monitor as u can use nvdia DSR or AMD vsr for gaming at higher resolution than ur monitor would allow..... 

no that cpu cost a lot i won't go with that cpu that is just sh!t compared to i5 as u can easily get i5 at that price.