Should I build a PC or not?

Just now, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I don't know where I'll be continuing my studies after my senior secondary is completed, in a different city, state, whether I'll have to stay in the campus itself. So I don't know whether I'll be able to use it later.  

what has that got to do with it. talk ur build with u

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

what has that got to do with it. talk ur build with u

Building a PC is not waste. Go for it as u would not be able to buy a gaming laptop for rs 50000 which u can carry with yourself. It would at least require rs.85000 if u choose to go with dell inspiron 7000 series or similar

4 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I don't know where I'll be continuing my studies after my senior secondary is completed, in a different city, state, whether I'll have to stay in the campus itself. So I don't know whether I'll be able to use it later.  

well you can always sell it .... someone will be quite happy to buy that for 25- 27k after 2 years.

Just now, Tim Serious said:

well you can always sell it .... someone will be quite happy to buy that for 20-25k after 2 years.

i think the value will be around 30k-35k

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

1 minute ago, Anir said:

Building a PC is not waste. Go for it as u would not be able to buy a gaming laptop for rs 50000 which u can carry with yourself. It would at least require rs.85000 if u choose to go with dell inspiron 7000 series or similar

yes that is what i said. He was worried about moving and i told him to take the pc with him

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

i think the value will be around 30k-35k

probably yes but depends at lot on prices of new parts.

probably yes but depends at lot on prices of new parts.

they are usually bloated 

Build

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

Thanks guys!

and......

I don't have a keyboard, so then should I go with membrane?

buy a membrane keyboard will cost ₹600 and get this logitech mouse its great for the price quite accurate using for 2 months now got it for ₹700 now its priced high but u can find cheaper in stores

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00NFCD6Q0/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473260170&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=gaming+mouse&dpPl=1&dpID=31C4HSQZvuL&ref=plSrch

buy a membrane keyboard will cost ₹600 and get this logitech mouse its great for the price quite accurate using for 2 months now got it for ₹700 now its priced high but u can find cheaper in stores

http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B00NFCD6Q0/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473260170&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX118_SY170_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=gaming+mouse&dpPl=1&dpID=31C4HSQZvuL&ref=plSrch

I only need a keyboard, I have a Logitech G502 xD! (The first 'gaming grade' stuff I owned)

Any idea about how much the new Prodigy keyboard costs?

1 minute ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I only need a keyboard, I have a Logitech G502 xD! (The first 'gaming grade' stuff I owned)

Any idea about how much the new Prodigy keyboard costs?

don't think it's available in india now but won't cost less than ₹4,700 as it is 69 dollars.

don't think it's available in india now but won't cost less than ₹4,700 as it is 69 dollars.

he already bought it

Build

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I was at college many years ago (1980-1984)I had this sort of feeling originally that anywhere I would stay would have a temporary feel.  However soon felt that months at a time out of your life was worthwile making wherever you went a home away from home .  Some had there own tellys, music centres, hi-fi units et-al (no home computers to speak of in those days, though there was one chap building one in my flat in first year and I mean building it soldering components onto [admitadely pre-etched) circuit boards etc) do not feel you have to be ready to move at a moments notice live wherever you stay.

TL:DR Ship, car, carry etc any stuff to make your place feel like home

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

15 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

no that cpu cost a lot i won't go with that cpu that is just sh!t compared to i5 as u can easily get i5 at that price.

U can't go wrong with i5, but considering this is a budget build, i5 with a decent motherboard with sli or crossfire for future upgrade and some overcolcking support will cost a fair bit more as compared to AMD processor and motherboard combo. And moreover all amd processors are unlocked while for intel, K series processors have to be picked up which adds to the cost. That's why I suggested the AMD one

5 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

he already bought it

I was speaking about the G502 (Which I have), while Tim Serious spoke about the new Prodigy Keyboard (Which I enquired). : )

11 minutes ago, Anir said:

U can't go wrong with i5, but considering this is a budget build, i5 with a decent motherboard with sli or crossfire for future upgrade and some overcolcking support will cost a fair bit more as compared to AMD processor and motherboard combo. And moreover all amd processors are unlocked while for intel, K series processors have to be picked up which adds to the cost. That's why I suggested the AMD one

but u need a good cooler to overclock especially amd cpu's that also costs money and even overclocked it won't beat i5 6600 or will be close so there's no point in amd as of now only if you build like super budget build like apu build or like lower than i3 ..... should wait for zen probably hope they price it reasonable in india time will tell.

9 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I was speaking about the G502, while Tim Serious spoke about the new Prodigy Keyboard. : )

yes i was ??

7 minutes ago, Vishvas Sudarshan said:

I was speaking about the G502 (Which I have), while Tim Serious spoke about the new Prodigy Keyboard (Which I enquired). : )

OOPS xD

Build

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Tim Serious said:

but u need a good cooler to overclock especially amd cpu's that also costs money and even overclocked it won't beat i5 6600 or will be close so there's no point in amd as of now only if you build like super budget build like apu build or like lower than i3 ..... should wait for zen probably they price it reasonable in india time will tell.

2 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

A good heat sink will get the job done till 4.5 GHz easily which doesn't cost much and those extra cores will be good as dx 12 titles are rolling out, and soon dx12 will be the standard. And yes zen is coming and I agree on the fact but I don't think they are going to be cheap

7 minutes ago, Anir said:

good heat sink will be no less than 3k ....well fx 8350 is not a true 8 core actually .... look it up ..... and dx12 performance will not be that big on amd and they are quite old ... was released in 2011 and just assuming it will be good is not smart as of now its not that good in dx12...... i think it will be cheap of not then nobody can save amd and that will be sad  ??

10 minutes ago, Tim Serious said:

good heat sink will be no less than 3k ....well fx 8350 is not a true 8 core actually .... look it up ..... and dx12 performance will not be that big on amd and they are quite old ... was released in 2011 and just assuming it will be good is not smart as of now its not that good in dx12...... i think it will be cheap of not then nobody can save amd and that will be sad  ??

Ya I know its not true eight core , its 4 threads on two block.. but I think it will be sufficient and AMD wraith heat sink will get the job done I think. And yes, I agree with you on the fact that and will be bankrupt if zen is not a success. And then nvdia and Intel would develope monopoly on the market which would cause lack of innovation and truely hiked up price... :-(