Pioneer VSX-324 no sound over HDMI

Mr.Dingle

Well , here is the issue : 

i have a Pioneer VSX-324 5.1 surround sound system , that i use to listen music / play games on . 

When i connect it with HDMI from the GPU , it plays back audio no issues , thing is , i have issues with using DVI for my monitor ( no signal on windows boot ) , and im forced to use HDMI , and that is the only HDMI port my R9 390 has . 

I tried connecting the system thru the HDMI off the motherboard , and in the sound panel in control panel , the PC recognizes it as a 5.1 Surround and offers DTS 5.1 Interactive , but there is no sound on the speakers . 

usually when i connect thru the GPU there is a red light on the Pioneer thing that ligths up indicating it has signal , and everything is fine . But when i connect off the motherboard , it only flashes HDMI , no red indicator nor sound . 

Any ideas ? 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

Dvi to HDMI to receiver

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."