The Ultimate Mtn Dew build

Hey everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum but have been planning on building a new computer for quite sometime

and since im finally in a position where i can spend a good amount of money on a project so i can do it right,

and so i wanted some input as to making this build the best it can be,

that being said, i consider myself an meme  connoisseur, and i'm going to build the ultimate mountain dew themed computer

my plans are to have a grey case and have an artist friend of mine paint on (potentally on an piece of vinal that will be sticked onto the case idk) a mountain dew logo 
such as this: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/ae/New_Mountian_Dew_logo.png/revision/latest?cb=20150420005118
and on the side without glass it will have a nutritional facts section stating the specs of the computer,

inside i'm going for as much yellow as possible, with yellow cooling fluid that is shown off by yellow LEDs and transperant waterblocks.
here is a rough draft of my current plans, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/63Tgbj

the major theme is a gray case with all black/yellow parts,

unfortunately but not surprisingly, these are not easy to come by and it sort of constrains the build and so i've had to compromise

im going with all watercooling mainly and a big case with alot of fans because i live in a barracks in japan, and anybody thats ever been to japan knows, the summers are brutal

and the computer is already going to be in a mildly small room, 
i'd like input on the motherboard definitely as it was one of the only ones i could find that were yellow,

im going with 2 crossfired rx 480's because they are only slightly worse then a 1080 at a much nicer price point and i've always fancied AMD.

any help/ critique is greatly appreciated

Is your budget flexible enough to get a 5820k and this

Edit: Wait a minute that's E-ATX rip let me look for another

EditV2: Well I would personally want you to have a 5820k instead of a 4770 but all the mobo's im finding are mostly black with some yellow highlights here and there.

But it looks just fine rn though

Shipping sucks

4 minutes ago, Eggbeaterman said:

Hey everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum but have been planning on building a new computer for quite sometime

and since im finally in a position where i can spend a good amount of money on a project so i can do it right,

and so i wanted some input as to making this build the best it can be,

that being said, i consider myself an meme  connoisseur, and i'm going to build the ultimate mountain dew themed computer

my plans are to have a grey case and have an artist friend of mine paint on (potentally on an piece of vinal that will be sticked onto the case idk) a mountain dew logo 
such as this: http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/logopedia/images/a/ae/New_Mountian_Dew_logo.png/revision/latest?cb=20150420005118
and on the side without glass it will have a nutritional facts section stating the specs of the computer,

inside i'm going for as much yellow as possible, with yellow cooling fluid that is shown off by yellow LEDs and transperant waterblocks.
here is a rough draft of my current plans, http://pcpartpicker.com/list/63Tgbj

the major theme is a gray case with all black/yellow parts,

unfortunately but not surprisingly, these are not easy to come by and it sort of constrains the build and so i've had to compromise

im going with all watercooling mainly and a big case with alot of fans because i live in a barracks in japan, and anybody thats ever been to japan knows, the summers are brutal

and the computer is already going to be in a mildly small room, 
i'd like input on the motherboard definitely as it was one of the only ones i could find that were yellow,

im going with 2 crossfired rx 480's because they are only slightly worse then a 1080 at a much nicer price point and i've always fancied AMD.

any help/ critique is greatly appreciated

You are missing a PSU, 2 RX 480s need at least 650W. It's generally better to get the best GPU you can currently afford as some games scale better than others and other graphical issues. You have an AIO for your CPU, but waterblocks for you GPUs? Wouldn't it be better to have them connected all in one loop? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

9 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

You are missing a PSU, 2 RX 480s need at least 650W. It's generally better to get the best GPU you can currently afford as some games scale better than others and other graphical issues. You have an AIO for your CPU, but waterblocks for you GPUs? Wouldn't it be better to have them connected all in one loop? 

i had added a PSU but it didn't show for some reason on the link for some reason: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7xqm8

i figure a 750W should do the job

also the waterblocks i had just found and added to the list, thanks for pointing that out

Just now, Eggbeaterman said:

i had added a PSU but it didn't show for some reason on the link for some reason: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/P7xqm8

i figure a 750W should do the job

As said, 650W will do fine, but a little more cant hurt. Still dont understand why you have an AIO for you CPU, but a custom loop for your GPU. 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

9 minutes ago, rn8686 said:

As said, 650W will do fine, but a little more cant hurt. Still dont understand why you have an AIO for you CPU, but a custom loop for your GPU. 

i've never really dappled into open looped watercooling kits tbh, and as far as i can see, pcpartpicker doesn't have any section for watercooling, just cpu cooling, 

does anybody have any recommendations on open loop kits?

31 minutes ago, Eggbeaterman said:

i live in a barracks in japan, and anybody thats ever been to japan knows

WTH base you at? Zama,Sagami Depot, Atsugi? 

I was at Yokota(med retired AF) and the dorms(AF Barracks) had better air than some offices did. 

I was married so i only got to visit the dorms when I was inspecting my troops rooms. 

2 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

I was at Yokota(med retired AF) and the dorms(AF Barracks) had better air than some offices did. 

I was married so i only got to visit the dorms when I was inspecting my troops rooms. 

yokosuka naval base, the barracks accommodations are.... a bit lacking.

1 minute ago, Eggbeaterman said:

yokosuka naval base, the barracks accommodations are.... a bit lacking.

Yokosuka did suck when I came down that way for the mall and other stuff down that way. 

The water doesnt help, just cranks the humidity up. But thats Navy life. 

Just get there? Or been there a while? 

Either way take it from me, enjoy and do as much as you can off base. Because after you leave, all youll wanna do is go back to visit the places you didnt when you lived there.

I left in 2011 and Ive been back 3 times since. I stay at that hotel thats for military called The New Sanno Inn. Spend 2 weeks there, rent a car and go enjoy Japan on my own.

Sorry for thread jacking. Ill let you get back to your build.

2 hours ago, Katsunaka said:

Body also in Ohio <3

Anyways OP, as much as I like AMD more, Crossfiring lower end cards really isn't an option and in reality, a 1080 will offer you much better performance then 2 480's. At least in DX11 and most 90% of current AAA games.

Also, any reason as to picking an older CPU? This build is a bit weird, you also have an 840 Pro instead of getting a 500GB 850 Evo for the same price.

Another thing I don't suggest is a 140mm AIO, and anyways the NZXT X41 Kraken is a bit better ( imo I think one of the best ) 140mm AIO's because of the RAD's extra thickness plus, it'll look better by matching the NZXT Case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/YZsQ6X Imo, this will look MUCH better.

It will perform better, the logo will pop out more on the darker color, the case is better, you get more storage, a better AIO for the CPU, a better CPU, you can still OC quite a bit. The case is a bit more simplistic also, and personally I think it has a better "canvas" and you could fit more stuff on it. @Eggbeaterman

Like I said, I like AMD also but right now, this 1080 will beat 480's in CF, and not every game supports CF.

( I don't know to much about custom water cooling loops so you might want to double check that the block I put in the link is the right one )

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

10 minutes ago, Katsunaka said:

Yokosuka did suck when I came down that way for the mall and other stuff down that way. 

The water doesnt help, just cranks the humidity up. But thats Navy life. 

Just get there? Or been there a while? 

Either way take it from me, enjoy and do as much as you can off base. Because after you leave, all youll wanna do is go back to visit the places you didnt when you lived there.

I left in 2011 and Ive been back 3 times since. I stay at that hotel thats for military called The New Sanno Inn. Spend 2 weeks there, rent a car and go enjoy Japan on my own.

Sorry for thread jacking. Ill let you get back to your build.

i like this build alot, with my build i was looking for fashion over function alot and thats why it looks funky, is there a particular reason why you went with 4x4 ram? 

31 minutes ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

Body also in Ohio <3

Anyways OP, as much as I like AMD more, Crossfiring lower end cards really isn't an option and in reality, a 1080 will offer you much better performance then 2 480's. At least in DX11 and most 90% of current AAA games.

Also, any reason as to picking an older CPU? This build is a bit weird, you also have an 840 Pro instead of getting a 500GB 850 Evo for the same price.

Another thing I don't suggest is a 140mm AIO, and anyways the NZXT X41 Kraken is a bit better ( imo I think one of the best ) 140mm AIO's because of the RAD's extra thickness plus, it'll look better by matching the NZXT Case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/YZsQ6X Imo, this will look MUCH better.

It will perform better, the logo will pop out more on the darker color, the case is better, you get more storage, a better AIO for the CPU, a better CPU, you can still OC quite a bit. The case is a bit more simplistic also, and personally I think it has a better "canvas" and you could fit more stuff on it. @Eggbeaterman

Like I said, I like AMD also but right now, this 1080 will beat 480's in CF, and not every game supports CF.

( I don't know to much about custom water cooling loops so you might want to double check that the block I put in the link is the right one )

3 hours ago, Eggbeaterman said:

You didn't say anything?

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

2 hours ago, DarkBlade2117 said:

You didn't say anything?

lol accidently quoted the wrong person, because im dumb,
i like this build alot, with my build i was looking for fashion over function alot and thats why it looks funky, is there a particular reason why you went with 4x4 ram? 

3 hours ago, Eggbeaterman said:

lol accidently quoted the wrong person, because im dumb,

Actually, was going for a little bit of both. 4x4 Ram looks better and fills in more of an area.

To really go for fashion, it takes a lot of work and this is a better base canvas and overall will look better in the end with just a bit more effort.

The CPU Cooler looks better and performs better than the one you chose.

The motherboard has RGB's if that is your thing and some of it would be really easy to paint gray.

The GPU will look very good along as you do some minor touch ups by again, adding gray to it.

The SSD is simply again, function but it also is imo one of the best looking SSD's as it is simplistic. and an HDD, for the most part does HDD things. PSU is hidden away.

If you can imagine it in your head, I see it as the outside should be darker than the inside. The gray accent in the inside is going to pop out a LOT more than it will with the gray case you chose, plus I think the MTN Dew logo will look wayy better on a black case than a gray one, and again it will blend in better.