Xbox 360 stuff

Keithybub

LinusTechTips

i think it whould be cool to see a video from you where you upgrade an xbox 360 and make it overkill

So it can be like a pc

Ex ram upgrades new gpu and maybye some cool mods

Most of the stuff is actually integrated into the mainboard if I'm not mistaken, and plus the thermal situation would be an absolute nightmare.  But I like the way you think!

"You should look up common sense and add it to your vocabulary." - dougdangger 2015

2 minutes ago, Keithybub said:

LinusTechTips

i think it whould be cool to see a video from you where you upgrade an xbox 360 and make it overkill

So it can be like a pc

Unfortunately, the "OS" for the Xbox 360 has very specific hardware to call on.

It would be nice to see them try it though.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

9 minutes ago, Keithybub said:

LinusTechTips

So it can be like a pc

This would not be possible, from a software standpoint, at the very least.

I really like the way you're thinking about trying to get more out of an old system, but since most of the components are integrated into the mainboard, one would need to have machinery capable of soldering on a board level (microscopic) to even get started.

Then you've got the highly specialized non-PC architecture software layer to deal with, and on top of that the security hypervisor.

There are eFuses embedded in the EEPROM chips that get blown with software upgrades, so you can't even forcibly roll back to an older vulnerable hypervisor / OS to exploit them and run homebrew code.

However, if someone were to pull it off *ahem GeoHot*, they would be legendary in the Console Community.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

Yeah you can't do that to a 360.

Take my word for it as somebody who'se worked on them for as long as they've been out.

They're as upgradeable as a phone's SD slot.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

Not really possible.

The console uses a custom PowerPC APU designed/manufactured by IBM.

The console also has the RAM planted onto the motherboard itself.

Really, the better and more realistic thing to do would be for someone to write a modular x86 version of the OS and build a PC to run it.

You can actually upgrade the ram on the original xbox (If you're good at soldering lol) but I've never seen it be done on a 360, and I don't think it's possible, As far as the 360 goes the most you can do with the hardware is do the old jtag mod or install an rgh chip

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

But like Joshe343 said, That would be more ideal.. Besides the Xenia emulator is coming along nicely so it may be possible on PC soon :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K | GPU: GTX 1080Ti | Case: Corsair 750D Airflow | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Formula VI | RAM: 16GB Vengeance Pro | PSU: Corsair AX860

SSD/HDD(s): SAMSUNG 850 EVO 120GB, SAMSUNG PM830 256GB, SEAGATE 6TB | Optical Drive: Sony Optiarc AD-5280S CB-PLUS

Multipart video of how to drill some holes to case and change HDD? Thats what I really want to see /s

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I do know tho if your 360 is jtagabble 

you can do some overclocking

However i still respect old gen i still have a 360 on my desk i play xbox and pc

5 minutes ago, Keithybub said:

Question is 360 emulation legal if you own the games

Depends on the country you live in. In most western nations, it's nominally "not legal", but more of a legal grey area in reality.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, Keithybub said:

I do know tho if your 360 is jtagabble 

you can do some overclocking

"jtagabble "? And source for claim that you can OC console. Would be first. OC'ing is done with BIOS/Software and both are locked pretty tightly on consoles. Unless you can do some real hardware hacking.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, Keithybub said:

I live in the us

If I remember correctly, emulators themselves aren't illegal.  You can download as many as you want.  If people create independent ROMs for said emulators, those are also legal to download.  It become piracy when you start downloading ROMs of copyrighted materials.  (Such as say, downloading Halo 3 for your 360 emulator).

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

10 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

If I remember correctly, emulators themselves aren't illegal.  You can download as many as you want.  If people create independent ROMs for said emulators, those are also legal to download.  It become piracy when you start downloading ROMs of copyrighted materials.  (Such as say, downloading Halo 3 for your 360 emulator).

Correct. The EULA for the game (Written in the manual, or in a text file/read me) strictly disallows emulation for most games.

Basically, just because you own a copy of the game, doesn't mean you can get another copy of the game in a different medium (Which, arguably, emulation is a different medium).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)