About Graphics card.& my build

BruceZGamesGR

hello everyone. im really new to this forum but im really interested into asking you guys about what should i do.

im interested into spending around 300 up to 350 Euros (yep Greek)

in order to get a good graphics card. 

im really between an Sapphire Nitro 390 8GB which costs like 370-390 Euros and an MSI RX 480 8GB which costs around 310 -330 Euros.

Please notice that i want to make the Build of .

Motherboard -> MSI 970 Gaming 

Graphics -> 390 or 480

Proccessor -> 8370 Black series 3.3GHz base or 4.3 turbo max.

RAM -> 16 GB Corsair Vengeance

Cooler -> Alphacool NexXxos with custom Phobya Reservoirs

Storage -> i will use my WD Blue 500GB and an SSD OCZ AMD Radeon 240 GB

you can add if it would be better not to buy something of these and buying something else.im into making this setup now. if im in wrong section please correct me i am really new :) thanks ! 

please notice aswell that my build has to be around 1000 euros.

what about memory bus? RX has 256 and 390 has 512. i dont think that matters doesnt it . 

Just now, MadOver said:

Dont go for a 4Gb card, get the 390 8Gb, it's a excellent card.

RX 480 is an 8GB graphics card aswell :) 

Just now, BruceZGamesGR said:

what about memory bus? RX has 256 and 390 has 512. i dont think that matters doesnt it . 

It only really matters when you're playing at very high resolutions like 4K. but seeing that the RX 480 is cheaper you should go with that

Just now, SuchIlluminati said:

It only really matters when you're playing at very high resolutions like 4K. but seeing that the RX 480 is cheaper you should go with that

so like im going to be playing around 2560x1080 hmm cool :) thanks would you reccomend me anything else about my build? :) thanks! should i keep on going for a custom cooler or a normal one like a deepcool maelstrom 240?

1 minute ago, BruceZGamesGR said:

so like im going to be playing around 2560x1080 hmm cool :) thanks would you reccomend me anything else about my build? :) thanks! should i keep on going for a custom cooler or a normal one like a deepcool maelstrom 240?

I would't really reccomend a custom cooler when you're on a budget. I think a decent air cooler will be fine.

If anyone has to add something about my setup i would appreciate it ☺☺☺

2 hours ago, BruceZGamesGR said:

If anyone has to add something about my setup i would appreciate it ☺☺☺

At this point, don't go with that 8370. It is outdated and will most likely bottleneck your GPU in cpu heavy games.

14 hours ago, OnfireYH said:

At this point, don't go with that 8370. It is outdated and will most likely bottleneck your GPU in cpu heavy games.

for now can i use my card MSI 390 8GB with my Proccessor that i already have ? (i have the X4 750k.)will it work until i have the money to upgrade? or not really?

13 hours ago, Mi26 said:

Changing the processor to an I5 would be a big upgrade 

i am not really an Intel fan cause of mostly the prices. something on AMD? thanks.

AMD have really fallen behind on the processor side of things in recent years.

My suggestion would be get a second hand 290x, which at 2560x1080 will not be constrained by 4GB of VRAM, and performs pretty much the same as a 390x now they're on the same drivers, and upgrade to the cheapest i5 you can get.

That will give you all-round solid performance.

3 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

AMD have really fallen behind on the processor side of things in recent years.

My suggestion would be get a second hand 290x, which at 2560x1080 will not be constrained by 4GB of VRAM, and performs pretty much the same as a 390x now they're on the same drivers, and upgrade to the cheapest i5 you can get.

That will give you all-round solid performance.

thanks for the quick answer Tacitus.the thing is that i recently found the 390 second hand from my cousin which he can give it to me for 230 euros instead of 350 which is the normal price so thats why im kinda confused.will it run with my X4 750k? or will is sink down with the whole system? ...(i want to run them together until i can get something different for a change like 8 Core or something. ) 

1 minute ago, BruceZGamesGR said:

thanks for the quick answer Tacitus.the thing is that i recently found the 390 second hand from my cousin which he can give it to me for 230 euros instead of 350 which is the normal price so thats why im kinda confused.will it run with my X4 750k? or will is sink down with the whole system? ...(i want to run them together until i can get something different for a change like 8 Core or something. ) 

The short answer is yes, it will run.

The longer answer is that it will be limited by the CPU, so you won't get as much performance out of it as you would if you had a better CPU, as a X4 750K cannot keep up with a 390.

I would say get the 390 at 230 Euros, since then you'll also still get the benefit of any remaining warranty through your cousin, and save for an i5. It's slightly dearer, but significantly better, and won't need changed for a long time.

10 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

The short answer is yes, it will run.

The longer answer is that it will be limited by the CPU, so you won't get as much performance out of it as you would if you had a better CPU, as a X4 750K cannot keep up with a 390.

I would say get the 390 at 230 Euros, since then you'll also still get the benefit of any remaining warranty through your cousin, and save for an i5. It's slightly dearer, but significantly better, and won't need changed for a long time.

thanks tacitus im thinking into trying once in my life for an intel.prices are high and since i am starting studying to become a computer engineer there are things that i want to ask so i can know them way before the Classes begin :) so thanks for the kind answers . i will get the 390 as fast as possible before anyone else gets it from him and then consider on keep money to upgrade to the I5 or (is there anything else in AMD that can compare to i5? ) 

2 minutes ago, BruceZGamesGR said:

thanks tacitus im thinking into trying once in my life for an intel.prices are high and since i am starting studying to become a computer engineer there are things that i want to ask so i can know them way before the Classes begin :) so thanks for the kind answers . i will get the 390 as fast as possible before anyone else gets it from him and then consider on keep money to upgrade to the I5 or (is there anything else in AMD that can compare to i5? ) 

Right now, AMD doesn't have anything to match an i5. However, they are due to release new CPUs quite soon, so who knows what the future holds for both Intel and AMD?

2 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

Right now, AMD doesn't have anything to match an i5. However, they are due to release new CPUs quite soon, so who knows what the future holds for both Intel and AMD?

hehe thats true the new tech proccessors is what i want to see so i think i can keep it in for sometime with 390 and x4 750k is kinda better than having hd7770 in all kinds of ways :D 

hehe thats true the new tech proccessors is what i want to see so i think i can keep it in for sometime with 390 and x4 750k is kinda better than having hd7770 in all kinds of ways :D 

Exactly.

It'll be a great card, and I'm sure you'll love it.

Just now, Tacitus said:

Exactly.

It'll be a great card, and I'm sure you'll love it.

i will sell my Sapphire HD 7770 for 50 euros since someone asked for it to crossfire it with another one and get the 390 for mine. who knows :) i might search for another 2nd hand and make em crossfire when the new proccessors come to life! thanks @Tacitus!

i will sell my Sapphire HD 7770 for 50 euros since someone asked for it to crossfire it with another one and get the 390 for mine. who knows :) i might search for another 2nd hand and make em crossfire when the new proccessors come to life! thanks @Tacitus!

You're welcome.

As someone with 2 290xs in my system I'd make sure of the following before you think about that:-

Noise - the fans spin up fast

Heat - if your room isn't well ventilated have fun sweating it out

Climate - I live in Scotland, where it is cold. Always. I dread to think what that would be like in Greece. Opposite ends of Europe, my friend.

Power - you'll need a good PSU.

1 minute ago, Tacitus said:

You're welcome.

As someone with 2 290xs in my system I'd make sure of the following before you think about that:-

Noise - the fans spin up fast

Heat - if your room isn't well ventilated have fun sweating it out

Climate - I live in Scotland, where it is cold. Always. I dread to think what that would be like in Greece. Opposite ends of Europe, my friend.

Power - you'll need a good PSU.

totally agreed ! im thinking of getting one around 850-900W 

i dont really care about the sound (not really i do since im sending you a message right now why for)

climate well.. im moving into somewere that its always cold as im going to study so i think ill be fine! :D

On 9/2/2016 at 0:05 AM, BruceZGamesGR said:

RX 480 is an 8GB graphics card aswell :) 

Oh yes, just go with the custom cards. PowerColor Red Devil is a really good one.

The chances of AMD producing a processor that can compete with I5 is zen and it will be out by end of this year or early next year. The current generation can't really compete with current I5 since they are of weaker core but more core count as compared to an I5. So an I5 is a better choice for gaming