Help! Asus monitor burn-in/Ghost/image retention/persistence

Hey everyone,

So I left my computer on overnight (which I only do once in awhile when downloading something big) and so when I wake up about 6 or so hours later... my screen is "flashing" so I click into another window assuming it was the program doing it. Nope, now I have a very VERY opaque overlay of my previous screen on my monitor now! At first I wasn't worried cause my other monitor (same model as I have 3 of them) flickers sometimes and I just restart my PC to fix that so I restart annnd it's still there. Now I'm kinda panicky, cause I've never seen this, and I just assumed it was burn-in.

So I did some research on it, LED monitors are extremely unlikely to actually burn-in an image, and if it does it's likely a defect. What happens is you get "Ghosting" or "Image Retention" or "Image Persistence". Pretty sure they all mean the same thing, anyways so I'm pretty sure that's what I have here... Mostly because I have done this before and it hasn't caused an issue, and secondly I have 3 of the same monitor and it only happened on one of them...

Some extra info, the monitors model is VP279Q-P, and I have screensaver disabled on windows. Kinda dumb I have it turned off (gonna fix that now!) but I never expected it to be an issue, seeing as I only leave the monitor on like this for a couple hours at a time and with LEDs you'd have to leave it for a couple days like that to see an effect (usually, just not in this case apparently).|

What can be done about this? I've started a Ticket with Asus support but I doubt they cover this sort of "damage" if it's even damaged at all. I've seen some videos that help "fix" burn-in like this.

Edit:
Actually after writing this, it's improved DRASTICALLY. The flickering on the monitor is very hard to notice now on most backgrounds, and I can only see the "burn-in" well on dark programs like Steam.
It seems to be going away, I'd still like to hear advice or thoughts on this however at least for others looking for answers that experienced what I have!

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads

4 hours ago, Falkentyne said:

That's I think how somebody made those YouTube videos, I'm assuming this is much more effective than the videos, cause video quality difference...
Thanks! Problem seems to have completely disappeared, scared the crap out of me! I may run this for a couple hours tonight just to make sure it got rid of the image completely! ^_^

- Personal Rig -

AMD 7950X3D / 64GB G.SKILL DDR5-6000 EXPO / ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC
ASUS ProArt X670E / Noctua NH-D15 Corsair 4000D Airflow / Corsair RM1000x / 4 x 2TB Crucial P5 Plus

- 🪦 HW Graveyard 🪦-

MSI GTX 780 Lightning 3GB 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018
Seasonic Platinum 1000W 🪦🫡 Dec 2013 - Dec 2018

PNY GTX 470 1280MB 🪦🫡 June 2010 - August 2017

Intel Q9550 / Q9450 Systems 🪦🫡 Q1-2008 - Q3-2016
- Desktop Audio Equipment -
ADAM Audio F7's | Topping D30 Pro | Topping A30 Pro | HD598 & HD6XX w/ Sheepskin Pads