Let's have another discussion about virtual reality gaming, and where it could lead

TopWargamer

This is the 3rd thread I've made about VR gaming, and the reason why I keep making these threads is because new technologies keep getting introduced that can potentially speed up the production of, in this case, VR gaming. 

This time around, I'd like to focus on the University of Washington's brain-to-brain interface experiment. 

http://www.theverge.com/2013/8/27/4664722/researchers-control-a-subjects-body-with-another-persons-brain

The type of VR I want, and I know people will give me flak for using this as an example, is the kind of VR found in the anime Sword Art Online.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/sword-art-online

With the breakthrough from the University of Washington, the type of VR found in SAO doesn't seem too far-fetched now, albeit it will still take quite a while for a product like that to come about. The University of Washington still needs to perfect their brain-to-brain interface, and once that's done, we then have to figure out how to apply that technology to a video game character, which by the time of the brain-to-brain interfaces completion, I'm hoping won't be too hard to do. Once applied to the video game character, you then have to figure out to enable visuals and audio via the brain, seeing that the kind of VR I want isn't well, like the Rift. 

So imagine, maybe a decade or two (hopefully sooner) down the line, you want to go play a game. You lie down, put on this helmet looking thing that's connected to your computer, launch the game, and then you'r body is almost in a resting phase, but you are actually playing the video game, and you would be able to do whatever. It just sounds awesome to me, and I can't wait until we get there, because I believe that we will be able to, eventually. 

So how long do you think it could take for this kind of technology to be introduced to the masses, at a fairly reasonable price? Also, general VR gaming discussion. 

COMIC SANS

hmm, i wuld think it will take us about 50-60 years till this wil become something normal people have in their livingroom and being under the christmas tree as a gift gifted to a kid that wanted a gift that was gifted to him that was a si-fi helmet gaming thingey that he culd play prop hunt on and be a gift.... gift