[Battlefield 1] The Best Multiplayer Video Game I Have EVER Played (And Why)

jawong2000

I have to sleep so I'm going to keep this short and concise.

I'm 23, and I've played ALOT of video games, trust me. I've played the beta for about 4 hours now and it is hands down, the best multiplayer video game I have ever played.

Here's a list of some things that really stood out to me:

- The WWI theme is incredibly refreshing and very authetntic. No lock on weapons - i love it. A return to ironsights and a brand new set of (very) interesting weapons and vehicles to play with

- Vehicles have incredibly high skill cap (unlike BF4). Multiple seats. Planes all shoot dummy bombs. No autoamtic lock on weapons

- Vehicles are actually SCARY, as they should be. Gone are the days of peaking round corners, firing your rocket, and hiding again. 

- Engine is incredibly well optimized. One of the best looking video games this year - Maxed out 3440x1440 avg 85fps with SMAA HIGH.

- Sound design is ridiculous. If you think DICE's previous games had good sound design, you're in for a bloody treat.

- Exit/ enter vehicle animations are seamless. Even switching between seats whilst you're already in a vehicle has animations, and they're good. 

- 3D spotting, shooting at doritos through smoke and wallhacks are all GONE. They exist to the minimum extent possible and this was my biggest complaint in perious Battelfields. In BF4, I never actually felt like I had to look for targets and aim, all I did was shoot at triangles. The triangles this time round are very short and tiny. Awesome stuff

- Physics are unreal. Evasive vehicle smoke and gas grenades shoot out like real particles giving a real sense of decompression (especially the gas grenades)

- Vehicles have modular destruction. Incredible. You can see your wing slowly chip away when you're getting shot at.

- Horses fit seamlessly into the game. I was worried they'd be a useless gimmick but thats absolutely not the case.

- Soldiers speak the correct language - really immersive voice acting. 

- The best gunplay in a video game, EVER. Each weapon has some serious kick and feel "chunky" when you shoot them. 

MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X | ASUS PG348Q | i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | 16GB RAM

Corsair RM750i + CableMod C Series | Corsair 750D | 1 TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD

Dat astroturfing

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I still don't know if I like this more than I do(did?) Planetside 2.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

I'll agree with most of what you've said.

There's one thing that's ruining it for me right now: The players. 

I like the changes they've made to the snipers, but it's just resulted in having entire teams of snipers, even if they're on an attacking Rush team, they'll just sit and snipe. 

I have been playing COD (First started at COD 3 at 7 years old) and I dont even play it anymore..Too much space/futuristic crap that feels the same and REALLY SMALL MAP sizes.

I hopped on over to the Battlefield Wagon with Battlefield Bad Company 2 for PC..well it never ran on my Compaq. I came back on Battlefield 4 and loved it on the Xbox 360 this time. Then I came over to the PC Master Race and I found home. 

I really got to agree with you with Battlefield 1 being the best multiplayer game that I have ever played. Although I miss the boost in the tanks on Battlefield 1 compared to a T-90A. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

Its good but its not the best i have ever played, but it looks nice. 15 Years ago it was CS. No i would say Planetside 2 is my Favorite Shooter. Its a shame its relative unpopular. But BF1 is Fun so far. The heavy tank is a Monster.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

25 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Its good but its not the best i have ever played, but it looks nice. 15 Years ago it was CS. No i would say Planetside 2 is my Favorite Shooter. Its a shame its relative unpopular. But BF1 is Fun so far. The heavy tank is a Monster.

I find planetside 2 super boring and I really dont enjoy the feel of the gun play 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I find planetside 2 super boring and I really dont enjoy the feel of the gun play 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

52 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I like massive Battles with hundrets of Players. Maps and Objectives are better in my Eyes. But both Games have pro's and con's.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

8 minutes ago, Praesi said:

I like massive Battles with hundrets of Players. Maps and Objectives are better in my Eyes. But both Games have pro's and con's.

sure that side of PS2 is amazing, but i struggle to enjoy the actual gameplay sadly, and ive tried a few times

If you want a truly immersive and historically accurate World War I experience, you should try Verdun.

Battlefield 1 is a casual game but it is good for what it is and if you enjoy it, that is great. I will definitely consider purchasing it once the initial reviews come out and I have the verdict on how much content is included with the price of the base game.

It is a fun game for big battles but with Mount and Blade 2: Bannerlord and Rising Storm: Vietnam on the horizon, I will wait to see the reviews on Battlefield 1 before purchasing it.

"I'm 23, and I've played ALOT of video games, trust me."  You're just getting started young man... :)

I did actually laugh when I saw your age and you can like the game.... but I played far more first person shooters and you'll eventually get bored of them... it's a cycle of rinse and repeat.

Call of duty : the original was a better game technically because of the way the sound worked. That's all gone now.... COD really threw in the towel after Modern Warfare. The shooting through walls changed the game ALOT. In BF walls and such could be blown up and stuff... but it was like that from the get go if I recall correctly. I never liked the BF franchise simply because I was a better COD player back in the day before it became a kids game. You used to have to use sound to locate people... if you heard a death, you'd have to go chase them... it was a blast.  I forget how good I was but I had a few screen shots of me clearing out entire servers having a much better K/D ratio every single time.  I don't care now.... I get in... get blasted as soon as I spawn... don't rage out because it's a beta... but I would expect that in the retail as well...

Plus I already stated the memory leak issue is pretty bad right now. A lot of guys can't play over 3 entire maps without a CTD.

So best ever....   hard to believe. 

More skill? 

It's the easiest Battlefield game to date. I have yet to play and not be on the top of the score board, whether it's Conquest or Rush. There's no revives, a crucial part of Battlefield as they've taken away the indicator for medics in a team. Tanks are easy to use as no one is able to outplay them, unless they have a tank themselves. There's less bullet drop. When the guns are far less powerful than what we have today, it makes little sense. I've never had such an easy time sniping in a Battlefield game until this point. 

Planes are fun, I like the addition of a back seat pilot with a machine gun, and they're just as fun to pilot too. And horses are just motorbikes with a separate health bar. 

Battlefield 1 isn't even the best Battlefield game that has been released, let alone the best first person shooter. I don't believe CoD or Battlefield will ever hold that title ever again. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 9/2/2016 at 6:55 AM, alphaproject said:

"I'm 23, and I've played ALOT of video games, trust me."  You're just getting started young man... :)

I did actually laugh when I saw your age and you can like the game.... but I played far more first person shooters and you'll eventually get bored of them... it's a cycle of rinse and repeat.

Call of duty : the original was a better game technically because of the way the sound worked. That's all gone now.... COD really threw in the towel after Modern Warfare. The shooting through walls changed the game ALOT. In BF walls and such could be blown up and stuff... but it was like that from the get go if I recall correctly. I never liked the BF franchise simply because I was a better COD player back in the day before it became a kids game. You used to have to use sound to locate people... if you heard a death, you'd have to go chase them... it was a blast.  I forget how good I was but I had a few screen shots of me clearing out entire servers having a much better K/D ratio every single time.  I don't care now.... I get in... get blasted as soon as I spawn... don't rage out because it's a beta... but I would expect that in the retail as well...

Plus I already stated the memory leak issue is pretty bad right now. A lot of guys can't play over 3 entire maps without a CTD.

So best ever....   hard to believe. 

Call of duty 2 on PC forever homie!

The map in the beta is practically battle of jakku in a ww1 skin. 

Did you try turning it on and off first?