"Best" overall GTX 1070?

TheOnlyNexus

Hey guys,

I really need some help regarding which GTX 1070 to buy, as I can't decide on which one to get. Will there be more aftermarket cards coming soon?

Thanks in advance!

The rule of thumb with pascal is cheaper is better so long as the company has good quality/ warranties since they all clock more or less the same (minus the blower style coolers avoid those since they tend to be loud and not very affective)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

For Nvidia I'm partial to EVGA. The MSI one looks nice but there were reports of recalls on them. Asus can fuck off when it comes to GPUs. Gigabyte are overpriced but a bit meh. Zotac are thacky looking but nice performers.

That about covers the major players, I'd stick to EVGA if possible.

-------

Current Rig

-------

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Gigabyte are overpriced but a bit meh.

IIRC Gigabyte is the cheapest out of every manufacturer?

20 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Hey guys,

I really need some help regarding which GTX 1070 to buy, as I can't decide on which one to get. Will there be more aftermarket cards coming soon?

Thanks in advance!

Here's how you chose pascal cards. Out of all your options:

1. Throw away any blower style and single fan cards. Keep only dual / triple fans and hybrids.
  2. Throw away the ones you don't like the color scheme. For example, I don't like black and red, so the MSI Gaming ones would be immediately out for me. Keep only the ones you find aesthetically pleasing.
  3. Sort them by price.

Pick the first one that shows up. Or pay a bit more if you REALLY like the looks of a more expensive card. Outside of that, not really much of a difference between them.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

not really much of a difference between them.

Yeah,not much,except Customer Service,Warranty

8 minutes ago, keNNySOC said:

IIRC Gigabyte is the cheapest out of every manufacturer?

Might be locally to you but when it comes to regional pricing here: they're assholes about it. But fair point, conceded.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Might be locally to you but when it comes to regional pricing here: they're assholes about it. But fair point, conceded.

In the US,Canada etc...there the cheapest

Thanks for the quick replies. I was thinking of Zotac Amp Extreme or Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming. Which one should I take, as I am really bad a deciding?

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Thanks for the quick replies. I was thinking of Zotac Amp Extreme or Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming. Which one should I take, as I am really bad a deciding?

Which one you find prettier / better matches your color scheme? That's the one you should get. If you still can't decide, get the cheapest. If you STILL can't decide, get the Gigabyte card, just because I don't like Zotac's yellow B|

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!