Should we be allowed to post when we are steaming games on twitch?

Missioncode

Should we be allowed to post out link while we steam and take it down after we are done? Yes, No, discuses

I wanted to talk about this because I had a link up and with in 2 mins

its was removed for "advertising". I only posted it once and it was in off topic. 

Please note I'm not talking about big steamers who make money, people who beg for money, people bad mouthing Linus.co in any way,  or people doing basically anything that brakes the rules of LLT forum. 

The reasons I thinking this

Is it really advertising? I mean I think 99% of people aren't partnered with twitch so they wouldn't get any money from ads. 

2 people begging for money/braking rules could easily be reported on the forum

3. Linus is partnered with Twitch 

Reasons for not allowing it

1. They cant control what goes on on the steams and cant moderate it 100% of the time

2. If steamers do anything illegal it could (but not really) come back here

3. making more unnecessary post cloging up boards.

4. people will leave it up forever and people will hate them

What do you guys think?

If they don't allow it I'm 100% okay with that, just put it in the rules. I felt bad when it was removed for braking the rules. 

also site note advertising need to be more spelled out basically anything could be advertising

I think if we were to allow it, there would have to be a dedicated sub-forum or something. Otherwise it's not really a good fit to be "on topic" in any other sub-forum we have.

And before you say "well it could be in off-topic", yeah... I know... but we also have to moderate off-topic somewhat. Otherwise the entire forum would be full of "I'm a goat, AMA" and the like. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

With that said, I often defer to the rest of my team to make final judgments on things like this and I'm sure Slick and the mod team are already discussing this behind the scenes. If they decide something other than what I just said, they will be the final word.

I think it shouldn't be allowed because even on Twitch, it's a big no no. Other streamers often find it rude when you "advertise" you're streaming in their chat. I've seen it even go as far as between streamer friends. 

X and Y are friends and dual stream sometimes. Fans of X go to Y's stream and say "Hey look, X is streaming". Y streamer gets a frown.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I think it shouldn't be allowed because even on Twitch, it's a big no no. Other streamers often find it rude when you "advertise" you're streaming in their chat. I've seen it even go as far as between streamer friends. 

X and Y are friends and dual stream sometimes. Fans of X go to Y's stream and say "Hey look, X is streaming". Y streamer gets a frown.

Good point I hadn't thought of that, but I think that would be more of a problem with big steamers. 

I would worry about the forums getting 'spammy' unless this was placed in a separate sub-forum.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

I think a dedicated subforum would be great, im actually pretty interested in watching other forum members stream, it could actually be really fun.

Otherwise the entire forum would be full of "I'm a goat, AMA".

That would awesome.

someone should code a plugin to show something streaming members, with game and there viewercounter.

this could be nice. and fit it under the recent topics.

and a streamers badge.

btw.: i'm not a streamer i just would like to see this community share more intrests.

#ImAGoatAma ?

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

I think if we were to allow it, there would have to be a dedicated sub-forum or something. Otherwise it's not really a good fit to be "on topic" in any other sub-forum we have.

And before you say "well it could be in off-topic", yeah... I know... but we also have to moderate off-topic somewhat. Otherwise the entire forum would be full of "I'm a goat, AMA" and the like. Gotta draw the line somewhere.

With that said, I often defer to the rest of my team to make final judgments on things like this and I'm sure Slick and the mod team are already discussing this behind the scenes. If they decide something other than what I just said, they will be the final word.

What about the gaming forum? It's not really used but this could bring more people to it!

*allowed

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

I hate homophones

We all do Missioncode, we all do.

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

You can put it on your blog/profile, that way the people that have you as friends can see it but you're not advertising to the whole forum.

Why not just sticky a thread somewhere, and people can post announcements in there?

You can put it on your blog/profile, that way the people that have you as friends can see it but you're not advertising to the whole forum.

You have to be careful, you cannot put it in your signature or anywhere public unless there is a space dedicated on your profile that says (Twitch).  That being said I think a Sub Forum for this would work.  That way it's not something that needs to be policed as often.

My PC: CPU: I7-2600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Evo, Mother Board: MSI Z77 Mpower, Ram: 4x4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 Corsair Vengeance (Black), Case: HAF 932, PSU: CM GX 650 (Upgrading to RM750 soon), SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD, HD:  750GB Seagate 7200 RPM, Optical: Samsung Blu-ray burner, GPU: MSI GTX 560 TI Twin Frozr (Upgrading to an HD R9-290X on launch)

You have to be careful, you cannot put it in your signature or anywhere public unless there is a space dedicated on your profile that says (Twitch).  That being said I think a Sub Forum for this would work.  That way it's not something that needs to be policed as often.

You have a blog in your profile, I doubt anyone will have a problem with you creating a blog entry about streaming.

I'd like to see youtube in there, too.

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!