Best atmospheric music you have ever heard?

FPS-Russia

I will vote for Fallout 3, it's real music from 1940-1950's era and it blends like it was made for that game.

Rocket 69 rocket, 69!

fallout 4. Diamond city radio

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Some track from The book of Eli

I've been a massive fan of the music in Mirror's Edge since the first one. With Catalyst, I feel like Solar Fields did an even better job than on the first one. 

For such a fast paced game, it's impressive how some of the music fits with the location to make you slow down and look around. The music fits in well with the action, city, exploring and peaceful moments. That's also partly due to the dynamic music thingy in Catalyst. 

This bit of music (beginning 2 minutes or so) is the one that stands out most to me. It's only played in one area and really fits with the overall aesthetic and feel of the location.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

when I was playing doom : 

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

11 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I've been a massive fan of the music in Mirror's Edge since the first one. With Catalyst, I feel like Solar Fields did an even better job than on the first one. 

For such a fast paced game, it's impressive how some of the music fits with the location to make you slow down and look around. The music fits in well with the action, city, exploring and peaceful moments. That's also partly due to the dynamic music thingy in Catalyst. 

This bit of music (beginning 2 minutes or so) is the one that stands out most to me. It's only played in one area and really fits with the overall aesthetic and feel of the location.

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I was so hyped when I heard CHVRCHES was doing the theme song too!

One of my favorite band + my favorite game!

...sadly I haven't able to afford Catalyst yet since too expensive. Trying to find ways to get 80 CAD

I did play the original one few times

Okay the song I was referring to is Panoramic from "The Book of Eli" (film, 2010)

12 minutes ago, dexxterlab97 said:

I was so hyped when I heard CHVRCHES was doing the theme song too!

One of my favorite band + my favorite game!

...sadly I haven't able to afford Catalyst yet since too expensive. Trying to find ways to get 80 CAD

I did play the original one few times

I was looking forward to it since the first one. I have a couple of things I feel could be improved with Catalyst, but overall I think it's excellent. Definitely worth buying it when you can. It's one of the few games I actually pre-ordered because I knew I was going to play it anyway. Ended up completing it in only two sessions because I enjoyed it so much, then spent ages exploring and collecting things. 

I have a video running from one side of the city to the other if you wanted to see how big the map is and the variety of locations: 

There was an issue with the frame rate on the last bit because ShadowPlay messed up. I might go back and re-record it later to make it better. 

I'll have to go with all the songs in Fallout 3's Galaxy News Radio. You're right, it's like they were made for the game.

anyone said atmospheric music? :P

but in terms of games... i actually REALLY enjoy the soundtrack of minecraft, i still dont understand when it starts or stops playing music, mostly because i dont notice, it just phases in with the game naturally.

trackmania servers also naturally get a spot on my top list, it's usually horrible music but the game vibe makes it good :P

the soundtrack of the talos principle is just.. godlike (quite literally xD)

but in terms of best.. its hard to say.. i guess it'd have to be talos principle because that's the only soundtrack i have purchased and put on my phone to listen to :P

EDIT: snip-erino double posterino forum editorino brokerino.

3 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

you should check out Solar Field's Catalyst album on Spotify. they released it a few weeks ago 

5 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I was looking forward to it since the first one. I have a couple of things I feel could be improved with Catalyst, but overall I think it's excellent. Definitely worth buying it when you can. It's one of the few games I actually pre-ordered because I knew I was going to play it anyway. Ended up completing it in only two sessions because I enjoyed it so much, then spent ages exploring and collecting things. 

I have a video running from one side of the city to the other if you wanted to see how big the map is and the variety of locations: 

There was an issue with the frame rate on the last bit because ShadowPlay messed up. I might go back and re-record it later to make it better. 

I will but not until I play it first

World of Warcraft, Deus Ex Human Revolution, all the Elder Scrolls.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

World of Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls series have pretty good soundtracks.

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

On 8/27/2016 at 11:55 AM, Oshino Shinobu said:

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Came here to say mirrors edge, then saw your comment. I still need to play catalyst

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Wolfenstein: A New Order

When you're moon walking and have to jump the canyon to get to the other part of the installation.  The music, the big eagle and swastika, made me feel like my fight against the Nazis was a wasted effort.  Fit the mood of the level perfectly.

The Hitman: Contracts and Blood Money soundtracks were amazing IMO.

"Give a man a mask and he will become his true self." -Oscar Wilde

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i5 6600k @ 3.5GHz GPU MSI Radeon R9 380 4GB Motherboard Asus Z170 Pro Gaming RAM Kingston Fury 2x4GB DDR4 2666MHz PSU XFX 650W Storage Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, Kingston 128GB SSD OS Windows 10