Would you recommend this PSU?

TomH
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,
13 minutes ago, gtx1060=value said:

The BQ isn't half bad, ive used it for my NAS for a pretty long time and nothing has really happened other than a fan that seems a little loud at times

Just because you've used it doesn't make it good though. 

12 minutes ago, h4ns0n said:

Is it possible for me to move my os from the HDD to the SSD? It's just I got the HDD in a pre built so my only copy of Windows is on there lol

also I'll have a look into the seasonic ones thanks. Are there any other brands/models you would recommend? I've been reccomended XFX before. 

Whoa slow down there tiger. You can't just transfer one Windows install from one PC to another. You'll need to reinstall Windows on the new machine with the old hard drive in it first and then you'll need a new Windows key. Once that's done, yes, you can technically clone the hard drive's contents to the SSD later but it's best to just reinstall, thus this hassle is why it makes sense to buy an SSD now.

The XFX TS is a good choice for you, the Seasonic S12 is the same PSU sold under XFX, the EVGA B2 is good as well as the GQ, and the Seasonic M12/Antec HCG can often be found for roughly the same price as all these.

Just now, gtx1060=value said:

What im trying to say is that even brands that are smaller can have great build quality

Yes, but that one doesnt appear to

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 minute ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Just because you've used it doesn't make it good though. 

Whoa slow down there tiger. You can't just transfer one Windows install from one PC to another. You'll need to reinstall Windows on the new machine with the old hard drive in it first and then you'll need a new Windows key. Once that's done, yes, you can technically clone the hard drive's contents to the SSD later but it's best to just reinstall, thus this hassle is why it makes sense to buy an SSD now.

The XFX TS is agood for you, the Seasonic S12 is the same PSU sold under XFX, the EVGA B2 is good as well as the GQ, and the Seasonic M12/Antec HCG can often be found for roughly the same price as all these.

Ok then I'll just keep the HDD haha

also thanks a lot 

• 1 month later...

UPDATE: Hi guys I finally got my PC all finished. In the end I got a Corsair RM650x and it's so far all good. Thanks for all the help everyone ?IMG_8477.JPG