Solid Edge changed the font in browseers on some site

So I installed Solid Edge because I Use it in school, but when I opened browsers and went to some sites I normally use (not all of them) Solid Edge have somehow changed the font on those sites.

And I do not like that font it it changed in to.

I have tried changing the browser settings that have to do with fonts, but nothing changes.

Do anyone know a fix or workaround?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

For those that do not understand what I ment.

Before and after pictures of two example sites

Skjermbilde nrk før.PNG

Skjermible NRK etter.png

Skjermbilde facebook før.PNG

Skjermbilde facebook etter.png

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

Does the pictures work for other people?

-Stephen Hawking

57 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Nope, you didn't upload them, they are still on your machine. (localhost) Try using imgur or the insert media function on the forum.

In any case, I've found you're not the only one have issues with browser font and solid edge.
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Solid-Edge-ST6-messed-up-web-browser-font/td-p/275835

Might be due to a certain font being installed with Solid Edge that's causing issues.

Someone's suggested fix on reddit was to disable directwrite in your browser (chrome in this case), but the one with the problem had it already disabled, and by enabling it, it fixed his issue, so try that?

write this down in the address bar

about:flags

and go deactivate/activate

Direct Write

and then restart chrome

source

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

23 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Nope, you didn't upload them, they are still on your machine. (localhost) Try using imgur or the insert media function on the forum.

In any case, I've found you're not the only one have issues with browser font and solid edge.
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Solid-Edge-ST6-messed-up-web-browser-font/td-p/275835

Might be due to a certain font being installed with Solid Edge that's causing issues.

Someone's suggested fix on reddit was to disable directwrite in your browser (chrome in this case), but the one with the problem had it already disabled, and by enabling it, it fixed his issue, so try that?

source

I have seen that tread, it does not work, I am not using chrome. There is no "direct write" setting there in Opera.

and it does nothing in Vivaldi.

but the examples (if they work this time):

Spoiler

Before:

Skjermbilde nrk før.PNG

After:

Skjermible NRK etter.png

Before:Skjermbilde facebook før.PNG

After:

Skjermbilde facebook etter.png

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I'm looking at the before and after screens but... The main difference I can see is that the font is slightly smaller but still the same font? This shouldn't really affect your browsing experience?

Press CTRL and zoom in with the scroll wheel if you think it's too small.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

I'm looking at the before and after screens but... The main difference I can see is that the font is slightly smaller but still the same font? This shouldn't really affect your browsing experience?

Press CTRL and zoom in with the scroll wheel if you think it's too small.

Its slimmer, Blocky (seams like no AA or somthing). it is hard to read in like in articles where the texst isnt fat. (like it is in the pictures)

ITs super ugly. I want it fixed. So if anyone know a fix in Opera or Vivaldi, please share.

-Stephen Hawking

1 minute ago, Mihle Gaming said:

Its slimmer, Blocky (seams like no AA or somthing). it is hard to read in like in articles where the texst isnt fat. (like it is in the pictures)

ITs super ugly. I want it fixed.

To edit flags in Vivaldi

vivaldi://flags

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/2237-font-rendering-in-vivaldi-is-an-issue

Though personally I can't find DirectWrite in that list(I use Vivaldi). Maybe a reset of those settings will work?

edit : double post... the forum is terrible since that last maintenance.

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

To edit flags in Vivaldi

vivaldi://flags

https://vivaldi.net/en-US/forum/vivaldi-browser/2237-font-rendering-in-vivaldi-is-an-issue

Though personally I can't find DirectWrite in that list(I use Vivaldi). Maybe a reset of those settings will work?

Seems like they have removed that settings in a update or something, because my laptop where I did install solidwrite did not have the setting, but on my desktop, where I did not install a update to Vivaldi yet did have the setting. strange.

resetting settings does not work.

-Stephen Hawking

EDIT: Double post, yes this forum have some problems lately.

-Stephen Hawking