Samsung Note 7 (Snapdragon) has terrible performance.

Zeeee

Yeah most of these kind of videos tend to be biased, like mostly being SD and not Exynos which they optimize more. Also misleading titles everything or not enough info etc. Cause it's not true those phones lag, tried them all myself.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

The hate on Samsung in this thread is pretty hilarious.

Here are some facts, based on DiscoMark (the benchmark XDA used).

1) Yes, the Note 7 (at least the Snapdragon version) is, for some reason, slower than it should be. It seems to be about 12% slower than the HTC 10 (based on performance gathered from Settings, Maps, Google Play, Gmail, Gallery, Chrome and the camera app. Chose to ignore Dropbox since something seems off with that test) which has the same SoC.

I wouldn't call that "terrible slow" though. It's like 0.1 seconds slower at starting an app on average. But even if it's not "terrible slow", something seems to be off and Samsung should try and fix it.

2) The Exynos version will probably be a lot faster. In fact, the HTC 10 is 26% slower than the Exynos version of the Galaxy S7, but the Snapdragon version is tied with it.

If a 12% difference makes something "terribly slow", is the HTC 10 "slow to the point of being unusable" compared to the Exynos version of the Galaxy S7?

3) This article specifically talks about the Snapdragon version of the Note 7. How some people use this to come to the conclusion that all Samsung phones are slow is pretty mind blowing. Especially when he have evidence that shows other Samsung phones being tied or faster in the same test.

4) The OnePlus' performance seems to be all over the place while the Note 7 is very consistent. Not sure if this has been fixed in updates, but you should keep in mind that extremes are just as important for factor in as the averages.

OP3Cold.png

Discomark_Cold_GN7-2.png

Lol, the noticeable performance of the Note 7 is just embarrassing.  I'd hardly call a difference of tenths of a second embarrassing.  While the numbers may show that the Note 7 isn't the speediest device, the rhetoric used in this article shows that there's clearly an alternate agenda.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Plenty of other reasons not to buy samsung though. Terrible settings ui, custom settings messing with outlook exchange, cheapy plastic housing, burn in on all generations of their lcds. 

The note 4 seems to be the exception to the hardware issues i have with samsung, but the rest hold true. 

I deal with these devices daily for my company and ive mostly phased out samsung phones all together. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

if only they made another note with removable battery, i'd buy it in an heartbeat! really missing s-pen :( 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Moved to "Phones and Tablets" forum section because this posting does not meet the Tech News guidelines:

No lags here on my Exynos S7 edge. Only sometimes some little android bugs, but nothing major.

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

Im more then a general user, i am a power user with myriad of apps, I can multitask like a king on my Canadian Note 7. Guess what? Its a Snapdragon 820! Though XDA said that it only plagues some note 7's. I can't tell you why certain people get slow downs. All i know is for my version it doesnt and is faster than my coworkers s7 edge which has the exynos soc. Don't take all test as gospel.

Specs: Case: NZXT H440 ] CPU: I7-5960x | CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 AIO | MOBO: ASUS Rampage V  | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  | RAM: Gskill Ripjaw 4 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4 kit | PSU: EVGA 1000G2 | SSD (Boot): Samsung 850pro 128GB | HDD (mass storage): WD 1TB Blue 7200RPM  | SDD (Working Drve): Samsung 850 evo 500GB | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Display: Asus VG248 24in. 144Hz 1ms