What do you not like about YouTube?

Canada EH

That fact that i know the subscriptions tab is WRONG,

Like Linus uploads once a day, but it never shows up in my Subscriptions feed.

So it makes me wonder what smaller, less frequently uploading creators i'm missing.>:(

When the search page loads your results first they ads appear and you click on the ads by mistake.

Also the massive about of clickbait lately

Transcoded bitrates are too low for each quality preset (although justified with how much storage all of it takes)

& Toxic Comments

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Clickbaits and Top lists of anything
I'm also getting old so 90% of channels that create car content (especially racing game channels, too many 15y/o wannabes)

Now a days, everything, but mostly the fact that they keep changing the interface every few months, including the mobile app. In typical google fashion, when you're used to it, they change it.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

On 9/1/2016 at 9:58 PM, MajorZero said:

The new TOS.

Whats on the new ToS?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

1. I still can't comment

2. The comments are stupid. Maybe #1 is a blessing?

3. View counter can be inaccurate 

4. Recommendations are almost always bad 

5. vp9 by default (RIP battery)

6. No popout player which fills the window width

Who reads the comments anyway?

IF

I am bored, I will read one and if it is stupid, maybe a read a 2nd comment and 99% of the time they are all stupid.

On 8/22/2016 at 8:38 AM, ThinkWithPortals said:

"Drama"

Also, the stupid drama reporting channel Scarce. Piss off out of my Recommended Videos.

Creamstar is so,  so much better. 

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

On 8/22/2016 at 5:44 PM, GlassBomb said:

I want recommendations from "unknown" content creators. People you literally have to spell out their whole username to find, unless they are doing some seriously niche things that you are looking for. Recommendations right now is literally just "Hey, this famous person released another video! You should probably watch it!"

Also, I want YouTube Red to become available where I live.

couldnt agree more, it makes smaller youtube channels so hard to grow unless you've delved deep into some crazy section where you get recommended a small channel that does tutorials, small channels are hard as hell to find.

In terms of videos on YouTube, it's definitely the clickbaits, vertical videos, computer generated voiceover.

But for the YouTube itself, the new ToS.

• 1 month later...

The newest thing I noticed that I absolutely hate.

- When the speaker in the vid fucks up the pre-written script and they edit in what it was suppose to be.

- Youtubers who add garbage windows into the vid for you to click.

- Youtubers who add borders to their vid.

Thumbnails with people making faces and huge capital letters. I understand the need to get attention but I find it annoying.

to list a few

• drama
  • red arrows
  • clickbait (BOOOOOOOOOBS)
  • people like pewdiepie and markeplyer
  • REACTION VIDEOS (seriously its just some guy staring at a screen leeching of views of the original content creators , usually not a word said , FFS )
  • PRANKS (shooting friend w/ shotgun prank GONE SEXUAL)
  • vine compilations (you know lets make an hour long vid from 6 second clips)
  • blatant misinformation (earth is flat , tinfoil hats are under your seat)
  • FemFreq (EVERYTHING IS SEXIST)
  • people who get there nickers in a twist because I said that I don't like femfreq
  • the comment section
  • the constant changes to the UI (they actually improved recently tho , but you know , special snowflakes)

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

Occasionally I check my sub feed and there's nothing good there, then I start looking around and stumble onto one of the channels I'm subbed to and see there's a new video. I go back to my sub feed and it's mysteriously there.

I friggin' subscribe to people to watch their goddamn content, but YouTube seems to think I'd really rather not.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.