What do you not like about YouTube?

Canada EH

I hate it when they have a title picture for the video that is not even in the video.

Second, I hate it when you got the host talking and showing PG-10 pictures instead of video.

Thrid, is music. Clicking on a concert that the title picture for the video looks pro-shot, but its some lame ass with a cell phone recording the concert. This is too common. The concert goer spends $100 or more and is there recording the thing instead of enjoying it with a beer in hand and the other around your woman.

Cheesy mechanical, computer generated voice overs.

Cheesy animation of a re-enactment.

"Drama"

Also, the stupid drama reporting channel Scarce. Piss off out of my Recommended Videos.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

The clickbait, fans with their heads shoved so far up the asses of creators that they cant seem to realize their being exploited and given insane amounts of false information, and the takedown system. Just to name a few. Oh yeah, and all the stupid pointless "Drama".

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

for me it's the ad's especially when there are ad's in the middle of the video I hate that I'm watching a video then all of sudden there is an ad but I know there's nothing I can do about that. The other thing is the annotations I think they are called I hate when people put it all over the video especially the invisible one's so I click to pause the video but it takes me to another video. those are probably the only two things I hate 

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Thrid, is music. Clicking on a concert that the title picture for the video looks pro-shot, but its some lame ass with a cell phone recording the concert. This is too common. The concert goer spends $100 or more and is there recording the thing instead of enjoying it with a beer in hand and the other around your woman.

Man, I could not agree more. I go to shows in my area quite often and the amount of phones I see are unreal. Everyone is filming and standing around doing nothing but take up all the space. I'm trying to get to the front or open a mosh pit and theres just a bunch of people standing around with no energy holding up a phone and yelling at me for disturbing them by screaming at the top of my lungs and throwing down. Look where you are. Did this a lot at my first festival. Had a lot of fun the first time I left my phone at home and never brought it with me again.

Doomsday: CPU : i5 6600k, GPU : MSI Gaming GTX 1070, RAM : 16GB G.Skill DDR4 2400, MB : MSI Gaming M5 Z170A, Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda, PSU : EVGA SuperNova GS 550, Case : Phanteks Eclipse P400, CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i, Monitor : Acer 1440p60 / Asus 1080p60 OS Windows 10 Pro Audio : Sennheiser HD 598SE / SMSL SD-793-II / Blue Snowball Steam : Vlad the Inhaler

It would be easier to mention what I do like, there is soooo much I don't like about YouTube, including (but not limited to): clickbait, copycats, the comments, drama, un-originality, saltiness and much more.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

As of recently I'm pretty annoyed at the 'Continue watching' feature. 

While the feature is nice in theory, the caching feature that should ley you watch a video from where you left off is broken. It only seems to work on some videos. 

I pretty much only gets served the content I want on YouTube, so all the drama, "pranks" ans supposed bullying doesn't affect me in the slightest. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Their one sided Copyright enforcement system that goes completely against the people who actually make content in favor of copyright trolls (or just flatout trolls really).

About the only case I've seen recently that youtube has taken a decent position on Fair Use and unfair strikes is the case of the Bible Reloaded guys (Can't link at work but look it up) first time I ever hear of youtube flatout refusing to put a DMCA strike on someone and flatout saying "We believe your content is protected under fair use"

However asuming their lawsuit against the trolls goes well we might see improvement on this area soon.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I want recommendations from "unknown" content creators. People you literally have to spell out their whole username to find, unless they are doing some seriously niche things that you are looking for. Recommendations right now is literally just "Hey, this famous person released another video! You should probably watch it!"

Also, I want YouTube Red to become available where I live.

There are lots of issues with YouTube, YT Red is one since they haven't rolled it out worldwide and people like me that live in a country in which Red has not been released find excessive paywalls on videos that are supposed to be on Red.

I hate Ads shown on mobile devices when not connected to wifi, especially the 30 second non skip ones.  If it wasn't a waste on my data I wouldn't care to watch them, I mean I have put up with commercials during live TV all my life.  I just don't think I should pay my mobile carrier for data that is being used by google to make money.

The text that pops up in a block and you can click X to close, and added comments to fix whats been said that is wrong. Some of the added crap to video block text in videos. This is common with the title shot. Linus Media videos will have the length of video covering the last word in the videos still image title.

Whats typed in the title shot is not always what the title of the video in the text under the title shot that you click on.

I watched a Olympic bloopers video, thought it would be all Rio, no. They talked about the Doves burning at the opening Olympics in Rome, showed one picture of them being released. The rest were all pictures. No video of the doves burning. It was that stupid Mojo channel.

Another are the host people, some channels hosts just seem so fake. Its hard to watch. They seem over the top, or too much hand movement.

I had to prove to them that my recording of Scott Joplin's maple leaf rag was in the public domain. That was before the automated thing when you actually emailed a person.

That they didnt even know a composition over 100 years old was not in the public domain was surprising, especially given the sheer number of recordings of such music that were already all over youtube.

Linus is my fetish.

The only thing that really bugs me is how YouTube "suggests" stuff 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

List time!

• Keem
  • Ads
  • Clickbait
  • RoyalNoneSuch (Just sort of stupid)

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

The suggestions. It recommends vlogging channels or videos all the time, even if I do not watch them.

I want similar videos that I watch the most, not random popular vlogging videos.

Is there a way to ban some channels from showing up in suggestions?

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Oh, you know, when you click a video you actually want to watch, but then, YouTube starts playing a video you don't want to watch, and you have to watch at least five seconds before you can watch the video you actually came for. Sometimes, it's enough to make me say "fuck this shit" and go do something else instead. Luckily for me, I have browser add-ons that blocks these nuisances.

• Intro videos that take too long,
  • there's just one thing you need to know & the video is this host guy/gal elaborately explaining it over the period on 8 minutes , with what actually happened at the very end
  • Like share subscribe pleading at the beginning
  • Biased politics
  • Regular Politics
  • Politics
  • Shaky camera

Details separate people.

On my tablet I hate that trying to click on or even open youtube videos in a new tab opens then on the crappy youtube app instead. And I cant delete the youtube app.

Linus is my fetish.

4 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:
  • Biased politics
  • Regular Politics
  • Politics
  • Shaky camera

Ben shapiro is the man for you.

- snip-

15 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

there's just one thing you need to know & the video is this host guy/gal elaborately explaining it over the period on 8 minutes , with what actually happened at the very

Same thing happened when people talk.

Some people just don't get the "bullet point" of things.

They do not know what are the useful info that the listener is needed. 

So they talk for 13 mins, until 12 min was all crap. 

And they are the type that wouldn't shut up. 

Also they think just because they talk a lot, it means they are smarter than everyone else. 

"Can I get this type of flower in Walmart?"

"HA! I knew you would ask me, the other day me and my mom went to Walmart just to get the same type of flower you mentioned, amazing isn't it? I have not told anyone before, actually when I was 16 years old, during summer break I attend to a workshop that teach you about gardening and stuff, can you believe it?? I was the youngest student there! And our instructor told me I can totally did it professionally!! But, now the financial market is ssooooooo good, any one that does not see this huge opportunity is either too dumb or.. wait wait, what did you say??? You haven't opened an account to trade stock??!! Dude! You totally gonna let me handle this. I know you study science, no offence, but you gotta let me help you when it comes to finance. Alright? Wait what were we talking about??? OHOH!! The flower!!! I was totally forgot it! Me and my mom went there together to pick it up, I am pretty sure they still sell those... wait what??? Let me check it on google, they stopped selling those??? OMG!!! I cannot believe it!! Why on earth they stop selling.... Dude I swear last time when me and my parents went there , like 5 years ago, they did sell those!  Is walmart stupid or what??  "

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.