High Internet Speeds, but keeps dropping out in games

Herbz

Hi so I have recently been getting kicked out of games due to server errors and not being able to connect to the game server etc. I have Fibre Optic broadband with speeds of 74Mb (downloading 7.8megbytes a second in steam) My ping does not go higher than 30 in game, even when I get kicked and all ping tests I do in my Cmd Prompt never come back with lost packets. Does anyone know why this is or how I can fix it? Thanks.

i live in cincinnati ohio and i have cincinnati bell fioptics and was getting the same thing when i first got there internet the issue came in 2 parts 

(part one) biggest issue was the modem they handed out for free with your net was compleat trash droped like every single day was insane 

the fix was to upgrade to a new router (don't need the modem with fiber apparently the little light box thing on the wall is the modem)

i got this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320174

best router ever 100% stopped the dropping on its own 

second problem i had was just there network to many people in my area all have gigabyte net and there still new to the area so i called and called and called every day till they fixed there crap

you might not have the second issue but that first one is a great start

What's your NAT type? That will be kicking you off in multiplayer.
Had this issue when I lived elsewhere, NAT type was secure because it was a home business.

Intel i5 6600k @ 4.5GHz | NZXT Kraken X52 | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070 | 16GB DDR4 Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200MHz | CoolerMaster MasterCase 5

I don't think it mine would be secure or closed, open if anything. I just let my ISP set it up when they installed it haha. Do you think the problem could be router related then? 

Not yet nope. Ordered that router, put it in and its still happening. Started a complaint to my ISP

5 hours ago, Herbz said:

Not yet nope. Ordered that router, put it in and its still happening. Started a complaint to my ISP

Virgin Media I assume?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Plusnet actually. Apparently they have the best reliability in the UK, obviously not...