SLI-ing a non SLI supported card

Go to solution Solved by HKZeroFive,

The card itself doesn't have SLI bridge fingers, making it physically impossible to put it in a SLI config. Although it's beyond me why people want to deal with the finicky nature of SLI/Crossfire when they could get a single, stronger GTX 1070 instead.

Hey guys, I just have a question, its about the Nvidia GTX 1060. I know that nvidia said that they wont be supporting SLI for this card. Does that mean I cant put SLI it or I could put it in but if it breaks down the warranty will be voided? I've seen some benchmarks and apparently the 1060 beats an RX 480 for a bit and for almost the same price so just imagine the power of two 1060s for budget gaming.

The card itself doesn't have SLI bridge fingers, making it physically impossible to put it in a SLI config. Although it's beyond me why people want to deal with the finicky nature of SLI/Crossfire when they could get a single, stronger GTX 1070 instead.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

I think this explains sort of everything you need to know about SLI atm.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

For the love of god, get two RX 480 aftermarket cards if you plan on doing something like SLI (Crossfire). It will perform just about like a GTX 1080.

The 1060 /cannot/ be connected by an SLI bridge, you can do something like SLI through the PCIE lanes, but that's supported in almost no games. The only one I even know of that supports this is Ashes of the Singularity.

So just for gaming, just get a better card. Getting 2 1060's is pointless regardless of the type of sli you want to do even if the cards could do it.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz